Friday, February 02, 2007

Sue had a story to share about Matthew and his treasure, so I thought I would share this one:

Earlier this week, I got out of the shower and Caleb said, "Look, Mom Mom, treasure!" In his extended hand was the sapphire and diamond ring that my grandfather had given me. He had been digging for treasure in my jewelry box.

When Eben was this same age, I caught him doing the same thing.

I did the same thing for Caleb (with a little help from Nana) that I did for Eben. I made sure that Caleb had his own treasure box. While at Wal-Mart yesterday, Mom looked around for a unfinished wooden treasure box to paint for him, but they didn't have any. She looked at jewelry boxes, but they were at least $10 (a little more to spend than necessary to please an almost-four-year-old boy. Mom then high-tailed it to the recipe boxes. Caleb was absolutely smitten with the black plastic index-card box that she found. We then went back to jewelry and picked up a couple of pieces of little-girl jewelry. Caleb was soooo happy. He kept saying, "Look at all this treasure!" "I got a treasure box! I got a treasure box!"

Often when we go to Wal-Mart, Caleb wants the Dora the Explorer Pirate DVD. I'm thinking this is where he got the treasure box concept from. I haven't bought that DVD for Caleb, and I won't just yet, just in case someone needs a birthday idea for him. He might also like diamonds, sapphires and rubies. (He can always give them to Mom Mom when the treasure obsession passes!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts