Thursday, January 18, 2007

First--for Billy Rhythm--my teddy bear has does his original tail--original fabric and all. He is leopard print everywhere else, and that dark brown/orange color on his tail.

Now for other much less interesting matters...Ugghh! I am so far off my diet!!! I guess I could blame it on "emotional" eating, as there is something that is bothering me a great deal (RML), but I tend to think I simply want to eat.

I don't even know if I can remember what I ate yesterday. I do know what I did for exercise, though. As bad as I am with the food, I'm pretty good with doing the exercise. (It beats housework!) On Tuesday I did a one-mile in-home walk, and yesterday, I did Yoga Booty Ballet Live--Latin Flavor. Those YBB workouts are good!!! I fast-forward past the yoga "talk", but I did the yoga stretches. (I am so NOT flexible! It's sad!!) The ab workout was good, once again, and the dance was fun. I am "scheduled" to do a 3-mile in-home walk today, but because of the predicted storm tomorrow, I'm going to get groceries today instead of tomorrow. So, I'll do tomorrow's one-mile walk today (to save time) and do today's 3-mile walk tomorrow. I figure that it all comes out the same.

Let's see. Food. Breakfast yesterday was the same. I didn't have a morning snack. For lunch, I had Mom's leftover hamburg soup. I love it! But, it's not for those who are watching carbs. Mom makes it low-fat (as she always does with everything she cookes), but it has macaroni, potatoes, and barley. And to top it off, when I warmed it up yesterday, I added dumplings! A carb-lover's feast! I had two bowls, each one with a dumpling.

Caleb and I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Again, Mom's low-fat recipe. They are soooo good. Dwane likes them even better than regular chocolate chip cookies. I'll post the recipe, just in case anyone is interested. I ate two of those cookies for dessert. (Oh yeah--now I remember that I did have a morning snack--cookie dough!)

Did I have an afternoon snack? I don't think so. I was pretty sad. Didn't really feel much like eating. Until suppertime, of course. My planned menu was for meatball calzones. Dwane said he'd prefer pizza, so I made homemade meatball pizza. What meatballs didn't fit on the pizza, I ate as an appetizer. Let me tell you--there were a lot of meatballs. Then, I ate half of a large pizza! I preferred the plain meatballs, though. I think I ate one cookie for dessert.

I'm off track so far today, too. Two cups of hot chocolate, and one cookie. I'm going to skip the bagel. Since hot chocolate tends to fill me up and hold off hunger for a longer period of time than a bagel does (maybe that's the carb connection??? Maybe Sizzle can fill me in...). Anyway, I thought that since I would be grocery shopping, I should probably be "full".

I think I'm also going to buy the Bob Greene book today while I'm uptown, along with new digital scales. Right now, I have dial scales, and I can make the scale go up or down about 4 pounds, just be the way I'm standing. The digital scale I'm looking at actually has "foot groove type things", and I figure that it might be harder to "cheat" with the scale. It also measures your body fat index and hydration level. I'm going to try to look at Amazon.com to see if there are any reviews on it, though, before I actually buy one.

Here's Mom's cookie recipe:

Mix: 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup canola oil, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons water, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix until combined. (If dough is too stiff, add a little more water.) Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips. (I like to use the "mini" ones.) Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet. (I use my Pampered Chef medium-size cookie scoop, and I spray my baking stone with Pam.) Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes. (The cookies will look an little undercooked--this is a good thing.) Let sit for one minute. Makes 23-27 cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts