Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ok. I haven't been posting, because I haven't been dieting.

I'm going to try to get back on track today, so here comes another post.

First of all, I have to get out of the "diet" way of thinking. I don't want to get into some eating plan that I can't do for the rest of my life. I have to re-learn a way to eat for a lifetime. (This is what my mother has always taught me--mother's know best, you know.) Obviously, for me, I cannot not eat carbs for the rest of my life. For me, I can't eat 1200 calories a day for the rest of my life. What I can do is stay active. What I can do is increase my water intake. What I can do is not eat 2 hours before I go to bed. What I can do is not have seconds (and that's the biggest challenge for me).

I do like my new scale. It measure weight, body fat, and hydration. I can tell you that since I got my new scales (Thursday, I think) I am down 4 pounds, my hydration is about the same, and my body fat has reduced by 2%. That's without diet and exercise. I did have a big cycle change in there, so that's what I'm thinking the change is. I won't tell you my current weight or body fat, but I'll tell you that my hydration level is 38.9%. For a woman my age, it should be 50%. I'm going to do my best to not get weighed again for 10 days. My number one goal for this first 10 days is to increase my hydration level. Let's see how I can do.

I did get my new Leslie Sansone Walking Program today. Oh my goodness! What a workout!! It came with a 2 mile, 3 mile, and 4 mile DVD, all of which containg "interval boosted walks". Basically, this means 3 minues of speed walking, and then 2 minutes of jogging up to 6 mph, for three cycles. For me, that's "wicked" fast! I did the 2 mile today. I think that's the first in-home walking I have done that actually had me panting!

The program comes with a 10-day challenge. For 10 days, do either the 3 mile or 4 mile walk, and follow her eating plan, which consists of 3 600-calorie meals a day. No snacking. The meals look pretty reasonable. In fact, for lunch yesterday, I had one of her recommended meals, and that was strictly by accident (because I didn't have the program yet). I ate a McDonald's Happy Meal with diet Coke. And that's allowed! Yea!

Ok. I'm going to stop by post here. I want to watch the Oscar nominations. I'm sure I have seen any of the films that will be nominated (except maybe Disney's Cars), but I am cheering for Jennifer Hudson of American Idol. Although I haven't yet seen any of the Broadway-style movies, I really want to watch them. I hear so much about Broadway shows from watching the daytime talk shows, so I'm excited to watch some of the movies. I really want to watch "Rent". I love that song "Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes". I can't remember the name of it off the top off my head. Something about measuring your life. You don't measure it in minutes, but in cups of coffee, love, etc. Of course, I also want to see Dreamgirls and I'd also like to see Chicago. Any of you seen any of those?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts