Friday, January 26, 2007

Gina's TV Mi-5:

1. Since the hoopla regarding the SuperBowl commercials is in full swing, what would you say is your favorite commercial? Your choice need not be limited to SuperBowl commercials or even American ones for that matter.

I really don't pay much attention to commercials. Honestly. Even Dwane can verify that. He often gets disgusted because I haven't been paying attention. He'd like to discuss how cool that car looked or something, and I really don't have a clue. I drown out during commercials. If I had to pick a favorite, I don't even know what I'd pick. Sonic commerials? Just for memory's sake? Of course, diamond commercials are nice, too.

2. We seem to be a nation of reality TV junkies. Do have a reality show that you just can’t miss? Explain what draws you to or away from reality shows.

Oh, there are too many reality shows for me to count! I love almost all of them. Favorites include American Idol, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, and Beauty and the Geek. I'm not really sure what draws me to them. I think I like all of the little challenges. I can tell you that I am drawn away from most of the reality shows on MTV and VH1. The language and sexual content is too much.

3. If you were completely honest, would you be surprised at the amount of time you actually spend watching TV? Does your viewing consumption change throughout the year?

I spend entirely too much time watching TV, and it wouldn't surprise me if I added it all up. My TV is literally on 24/7. I'm not necessarily watching it, or even paying attention, but it's on. It's very rare, though, that I'm sitting in front of the TV and doing nothing else. That only happens during American Idol or after 9:00 at night. During the day, I'm either working, cooking, playing with Caleb, helping Eben with homework, etc. (or all of the above at the same time) while the TV is on.

4. As a child did you ever role-play a particular TV character? For example, did you ever pretend to be Superman, Little Joe Cartwright, or even Marcia Brady? Share with us.

I pretended to be Mom Partridge from the Partridge Family. Becky Y. was Ruben Kincaid. Kellie D. and Judy Y. took turns being Laurie and the younger sister. I think Brian H. might have been Danny. I'm not sure about the younger brother, and I'm not sure who the David Cassidy person was. But we used to play Partridge Family outside of Guilford Butler School at recess (down by the back firetruck entrance). Must have been 2nd and 3rd grade.

5. Share with us your most favorite TV snack. If your choice includes a memory or a reason for this particular snack, please let us.

This is easy. Pop Secret Homestyle Microwave Popcorn and Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi during American Idol. Dwane and I both have to have it. Tradition. Not sure how it started. It just did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts