Friday, January 19, 2007

The $15.00 MI-5:

1. You have the $15.00 gift card of your dreams. Where is it from, and how do you use it?

Actually, this is quite tough for me to answer. I really like bargains, and Wal-Mart has such a diverse line of products, I might just pick Wal-Mart. The down-side is that I'm there all of the time, and there'd really be no "adventure" to it. Also, right now, I really need a haircut. A $15.00 gift certificate to a salon would be really great. And, it would be fun to be "pampered" for a little bit. Speaking of "pampering", a manicure would be really great, too, and that runs about $15.00, I think. (I've had only one in my lifetime, and that was a couple of years ago.) I have also said that I want to do a Build-A-Bear Workshop sometime before I die. I'm not sure how much that costs, but $15.00 might go quite a way there.

2. You have $15.00 for lunch. Do you take someone with you, and share the 15.00? Or, do you use it for yourself and eat a little more extravagantly? Where do you go, and what do you eat?

I would definitely take someone with me. I can't handle going to a restaurant alone. When I worked outside of the home full-time, if I had food from a restaurant, I always took it back to the office. My first thought would be taking my Mom to The Red Barn in Augusta for lunch. She and I love to go there, and $15.00 more than buys us a nice fried seafood lunch. (Sorry about the temptation, Sizzle.) Don't mean to slight Dwane--but it's something I really love to do with my Mom, and I can eat with Dwane every night for supper. (I still love you, honey!)

3. A CD is generally about $15.00. Which one do you buy next?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe Leane Rimes "This Woman"? I'd also like the newest Wow compilation, but because that's a 2-disc set, $15.00 probably wouldn't quite cut it. I might also be interested in Kellie Pickler's "Red High Heels". I do like the title song, but I'm a little nervous to drop an entire $15.00 for potentially only one good song.

4. You have $15.00 to buy a gift for your best friend. What do you buy?

Alice would probably end up getting something from Bare Minerals (which she and I both love). Or, I might buy her some Italian charms for her bracelet. She once made me a list of charms she was specifically looking for, but I've misplaced it. I'll have to have her make me another list. If all else fails, she'd probably get scrapbooking/stamping stuff from Close To My Heart. (I have a great connection there, you know!)

5. You have $15.00 to give to a charity. Which charity do you pick, and why?

Generally, all of my charity donations go right to the church. However, memorial donations for Rachel are being made to--oh my goodness, I can't remember the exact title off the top of my head--but it's an organization to benefit the blind in Boston. That would probably be my pick right this minute.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Bare Minerals too!! It is my makeup of preference.

This was a great MI-5 by the way :D

7:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gift ceritficates, I love them, BUT we need to get together and have a girls day at Tropical Nails and have Pedicures to. It would be sooo much fun.....

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts