Friday, June 19, 2009

BILLY RHYTHM'S VACATION MI-5

Billy Rhythm says: "I'm going on vacation next week. Yea! I'm really thinking I need some time away, and I think this vacation will really do me some good. Here are 5 vacation inspired questions."

1) Tell us a memorable vacation story you have from your childhood.

When Uncle Adrian and Aunt Ginny took Billy and I to New York, we went to the Bronx Zoo. While there, I met Miss Universe and had my picture taken with her. Being a young girl, that was EXCITING! I still have the picture around somewhere...I should try to dig it up.

2) Tell us a memorable vacation tale from your adulthood.

Mom and I went on a bus trip to Pigeon Forge, TN a coule of years ago, and we both had a great time. I'm not sure how many mothers and daughters could spend that much time together on vacation, but Mom and I had a blast. We took in a lot of shows, did some shopping, and went on rides at Dollywood. It was truly a great experience. We travel so well together that we're doing another bus trip this year...this time to Branson, MO.

3) Assume you and your mate/significant other/best friend are going on a dream vacation. You don't have to pay for any of it. Where do you go? Why?

If safety was also not an issue, I'd go on a guided tour through the Holy Land. To put my feet on the same soil where Jesus walked, well, it gives me goose bumps to think about it. I'd love to see the Jordan River, the site of Solomon's temple, the Via Dolorosa, the garden tomb, the traditional site of Jesus' birth...it just goes on and on.

4) Now, come back down to Earth, and tell us about a "dream" vacation that you think might actually happen some day. Where is that? How long until you think it becomes reality?

I'd really like to spend some more time in Florida. I really love to go to Amusement Parks, and there are certainly plenty down there. Plus, Florida is just so different from Maine, even if it is in the same country. In this economy, it could still be YEARS before we get to do that, but I still think it's possible at some point.

5) There are some missionary students on "working vacation" coming to my house for dinner tonight. If someone came to stay with you for vacation, what would you feed them that was really considered a "local delicacy"? What regional food would be a "must have"?

As an appetizer, State of Maine veggie cheese and crackers. Steamed lobster, steamed clams, and corn on the cob from Beth's for the maine course, and Maine blueberry pie with Dorman's grapenut ice cream on top for dessert.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go to Israel as well. But it just seems so dangerous. Maybe some day.


-aza-

4:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts