Friday, September 01, 2006

MI-5 BY AMY:

This is day 12 of me working with no days off. It has me burnt out...I never realized I cherished my weekends so much- until I didn't have my last one. So this is the burnt out edition of the Mi-5!

1. What is the most "burnt out" you have ever been? Why?

I would imagine that I've been burnt out over work many times. I can't think of any one time in particular. My job is very "brain-oriented" and can get very emotional (if you let it). Sometimes it's more than I can take. I especially hate those days where the office calls me 10-15 times a day. It seems that I can get burned out really quickly on those days.

2. Tell us about a humorous time your burned something food related.

Like Bill, I can't really think of anything in particular (although I'm sure Dwane could remind me!). I have definitely overbaked chicken breasts, especially when I'm just trying to keep them warm until Dwane gets home. I think I'm more likely to have something spill over into the oven, and then burn on the bottom of the oven. I try to remember to use a foil-lined cookie sheet under somthing that I suspect might boil over.

3. Ever do a burnout in a car? Why?

I have spun up some dirt a couple of times coming out of my driveway, but I have no idea how I did it. I have never done it on purpose. I don't know how. Dwane has tried to explain it to me, but I guess I just don't have much desire to try it out.

4. Tell us about at time you got sunburned.

I used to get one bad sunburn every summer, from about 18-24 years old. They would hurt some, I guess. Mom or Dad would spray Solarcaine on it and Alice would put on vinegar compresses. Those sunburns never compared with the one Dwane got in Jamaica, though. That was down-right gross! His skin was coming off in globs. He ended up in the ER, and when he followed-up with Dr. Steele, he was told it was the worst sunburn Dr. Steele had ever seen. He even had this icky silver cream to put on it. And, since it was on his back, I had to rub on that cream, and change the dressings, and oh, it was just gross. If he ever does that again (get a burn because he wore NO SUNSCREEN), he's on his own.

5. If you were gonna burn me a mix cd right now...what is one (or three) songs you would put on it? Why?

Well, I just now looked up the lyrics to Kenny Chesney's "Summertime", so I guess I would put that on it. Kenny is actually singing "Cheap shades, and a tattoo". I had no idea what he was saying. Eben thought he was saying "sheep shades", and thought he meant curtains made out of wool. :) Eben and Caleb are both totally into "Me and My Gang" by Rascal Flatts, so let's add that one. (Caleb is so cute singing that one.) What else? Oh maybe "Tonight I Wanna Cry" by that Australian dude. Oh, what is his name. Just married Nicole Kidman. Gonna drive me nuts. Anyway, I got really sad driving by the cemetery tonight, so it seemed appropriate. Keith Urban. Knew it would come to me eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts