Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I had an opportunity to eat at the new Chinese Jade on Sunday for lunch. We took the kids, and Bill and Julia met us there. I have to say that I was very impressed! Since we are used to fast food fare, the cost was twice as much as we would usually spend for lunch out, so it will have to be a once-in-a-while treat.

I ate all American food, with the exception of one chicken finger. I had fried scallops, fried shrimp, fried haddock, roast beef and gravy, macaroni & cheese, mashed potato, ham with pineapple, watermelon, and chocolate pudding. I think the quality of the food was better than that at Old Country Buffet in Portland. Eben had macaroni & cheese and ice cream, and Caleb had french fries and cake. Dwane had a little bit of everything. I liked the fact that there was American-style food so that there was at least something that my boys would eat. Eben won't eat anything at China Coast, and Caleb will eat only the little Chinese donuts.

I think Bill was much less impressed. He has a much finer taste in food, and really appreciates good flavor. I, on the other hand, tend to like thing a little more on the "bland" side. My mom's cooking is far from bland, but it's much more homestyle than the stuff that they make on Food Network. Bill really appreciates the Food Network type of stuff. That's cool. I wish I was more adventurous with my food. But, hey, at least I have learned to actually kindda enjoy onions over the last several years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts