Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Well, he did it. Dwane traded his motorcycle. The Kawasaki Ninja that can go 180 mph is out of my life. Thank you, Lord. I trusted Dwane on it, but I don't trust other drivers, I guess. It's just one less thing I have to worry about. I really hated to put my foot down and say, "Dwane, you can't have it," but I'm so glad that he came up with this idea to trade it all on his own.

After going camping at New Hampshire International Speedway in July (which I would never recommend to anyone with kids because of the drinking/swearing that takes place, even in the "family lot"), Dwane decided that he loved camping. We just needed a bigger camper. Our little 14 footer was not going to cut it. So he traded in his motorcycle. An even swap for a....

34 FOOT MEGA HUGE CAMPER!!

There's a couch that folds into a double bed, a swivel rocking chair, a dinette that folds into a twin bed, a queen-size bed, and 3 twin-size bunks. Comfortably sleeps 8 adults, and if you wanted to squeeze in little kids, goodness only knows how many you could pack in.

We need to put in some new flooring (for aesthetic beauty only), and the walls need some paint. The previous owners (who had only owned it for about 4 months), had painted it this chartreuse green. Very, very bright. Then, the wife cut out little butterflies, flowers, and bugs and placed them strategically on the walls. She has three girls, ages 9-15, and actually, for pre-teen girls, this decorative effect is really quite nice. But, alas, it doesn't bode well with my three men. I think we'll change the decor over to be very similar to our mini-camper: blues/tans/lighthouses, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts