Friday, July 28, 2006

This one is brought to you by the number 5! (and the color orange).

1. What are five things about you that people might be surprised to find out?

I don’t know that any of these are “surprising”, but they might be “little known”:

I like to make ice tea, put it in 16 oz. water bottles and put it in the freezer. I pull it out just as it starts forming ice crystals. Like an ice tea slushie.

I really like the mashed potato and gravy at Popeye’s. I never used to like it, but I’ve developed quite a taste for it. It’s a bit spicy—I think there are some kind of hot peppers in it and maybe some sausage.

Speaking of mashed potatoes, I’ve got a new mashed potato recipe: Mashed potato with carmelized onions. It is the bomb!! I went to make it the other night, and my potatoes are gone bad. I adapted the recipe a bit using instant potatoes. Still awesome! In fact, Dwane even likes the instant potato kind better. It’s kindda surprising that I like them, as I have never liked onions. In the last several years, though, I’ve really started to appreciate them.

My favorite flower is a pink carnation. When I was in 8th grade, I went to work with my Dad. I typed envelopes. He “paid” me with pink carnations, and they’ve been a favorite ever since.

Every time my Aunt Ginny has an excuse to buy me a present, she buys me socks by Peds. They are soooo comfortable. And so cute! They are pink at the toes and heels. I’m afraid Aunt Ginny might feel funny always buying me socks, but I look forward to getting them!!

2. Name five favorite ____________ (fill in the blank and then answer).

Favorite Ice Cream Flavors

Dorman’s Grapenuts
Dorman’s Mocha Chip
Friendly’s Vanilla (not French Vanilla, or Vanilla Bean, just plain ole Vanilla)
Ben & Jerry’s Oatmeal Cookie
Ben & Jerry’s Fudge Core Central, or something like that.

3. Name five favorite songs.

It Is Well With My Soul (a hymn)
Beautiful In My Eyes (our wedding dance)
Some Kind of Wonderful (our second wedding dance)
As the Deer (a worship chorus)
Beautiful City (from the Broadway Show “Pippin” – a song I sang as a lullaby for both of my boys.)

Of course, if you ask me tomorrow, I may give you a different answer.

4. Five favorite TV shows, Songs, or Books (you pick).

Five favorite TV Shows (at the current moment)

Project Runway
House Hunters
The View
Vacation Home Search (when I can find one that I haven’t already seen)
Most Other Reality Shows (Big Brother, So You Think You Can Dance, Rock Star, etc.)

5. Name five of your least favorite ______________ (fill in the blank and then answer).

Five Least Favorite Things to Hear

“Did you get my receipts?” As Dwane hands me a bunch of debit card slips that I need to put into the checkbook.

“Mom, Caleb’s hitting me again!”

“Bo Bo, stop it”

“I got a really great deal.” (Dwane’s excuse as to why he spent money again.)

“I’m running late.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts