Friday, July 21, 2006

From Jim:

The Blues MI-5

We had the blues festival here in Rockland last weekend. I have
found that they left some behind when they packed up and left town.
I seem to have gotten them.

1. Are you a likable person the kind that people want to be around?

I like to think that I'm likable and fun to be around. Of course, I have my moments when I'm not fun to be around, but for the most part, I think I'm ok.

2. Do you have a lot of friends or just a few? What do you think the quality of your friends are? (close, acquaintance etc...)

I have a couple of very close friends (My Mom, Alice, Sue, & Ronda, for example). I have other friends, too, like those at church, in my extended family, at work, Close to My Heart (tm) etc. I think my friends are absolutely awesome. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't be my friends.

3. If you meet someone on the street that you knew from years ago or maybe met just once do they usually say hi to you or pass you by with maybe a glance?

They usually say hi. For example, I see Charlene Y. from school at Wal-Mart quite frequently, and we always say hi. The same for Cheryl from Avon/Church. I have to say, though (and this is awful) that I sometimes will see someone I know, and I'll actually go around to avoid having to socialize. Is that terrible or what??? I'm ashamed of that. Maybe I'm just in a hurry and need to get things done. I don't know. But I know that it's one part of my personality that I don't like. I honestly don't think it's because I'm a snob or something. Instead, I think I just don't do well with "small talk".

4. In your free time are you a social butterfly or a loner or somewhere in between?

Generally speaking, I like to be alone. I like to scrapbook, read, play on the computer, whatever. I do enjoy being with others, like at scrapbook parties, etc., or shopping with Alice, but mostly, I tend to be a loner.

5. How has your week gone? When was the last time you had the blues? Tell us more.

I guess it's been pretty good. I can't really complain. There's always someone that's had a worse week. This weeked at the race was pretty hectic, and I felt homesick. In fact, on Saturday, I had a little "breakdown" walking under the grandstands. I saw a man in a wheelchair, about my Dad's age. The shape of his arm was just like the shape of my Dad's arm. I lost it. (In fact, I'm crying again now just thinking about it.) I guess I was homesick, hot, tired, worried about the truck, etc., but I couldn't believe how that "arm" affected me. Since we got back, my week has been pretty "normal". Eben's been away at VBS, so my morning's have been pretty quiet which allowed me to get quite a bit of legal work done. Eben's birthday was yesterday, so that was a high point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts