Wednesday, August 09, 2006

We had a chance to try out the new Tim Horton's on Sunday night. Since Billy Rhythm often does "restaurant reviews", I thought I would add my own two cents.

First of all, let me say that there is virtually nothing there that either of my kids will eat. Maybe some rolls or bread, and maybe a doughnut, but that's it. No fries. No chips. No chicken nuggets. So, we went next door to Pizza Hut to get them breadsticks with cheese, which is a favorite for both of them.

Dwane ate a turkey bacon club, with which he was very impressed. I had a bowl of clam chowder, a roll (plus another roll that I added on), a honey crueller, and a diet soda. My entire meal was $3.15 plus the cost of the other roll (and I have no idea what the cost of that was as it's not listed on the take-out menu, and they don't provide an itemized slip). Anyway, I thought my meal was a bargain. The clam chowder was not like Mom's or Ma's, but it was ok for "clam chowder in a can" type of clam chowder. Typical restaurant fare, I'd say. The rolls, and the honey crueller donut (or is it doughnut?) were both to die for. Very, very good.

As far as sandwhiches go, like I said, Dwane was impressed. I, however, tend not to like sandwhiches a whole lot. By the time I take off all of the vegetables, and scrape off the mayo/mustard stuff, I end up with a little meat and cheese on bread. For that, I think $5.50 is too much.

In a nutshell, Tim Horton's has good food, but it's menu is too limited for my tastes and those of my kids. This will probably be just an occasional stop for us.

But, don't worry, Ma, we can always go get soup and a roll, and just get go through the drive-through at McDonalds to make my kids happy. Let me know when you're ready to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts