Sunday, September 10, 2006

I have found a great new website--www.menus4moms.com. I am absolutely addicted to it. Each week, a menu for Monday through Friday is posted, together with the recipes, and even a grocery list. I thought I would list my weekly menus here, just in anyone cares. It gives me another excuse to post, so that maybe I'll keep up with it a little better.

Here are the menus for this week:

Monday - Chicken pot pie, fried okra, apples and cheddar cheese slices. Apparently, you can buy okra all breaded and ready to fry, but I couldn't find it. I just bought a package of plain frozen okra instead. I have no idea what okra tastes like, and I don't know that I'll even try it, but I'll make it so that I can present a "well-balanced meal" to my family.

Tuesday - Pancakes (buttermilk pancakes made from scratch), eggs, and cantaloupe slices. I also bought some watermelon at Caleb's request.

Wednesday - Baked Ham (in the crockpot), homemade macaroni and cheese, sugar snap peas.

Thursday - Grilled pork chops, squash casserole, and green beans. Squash casserole is made with summer squash, carrots, onions, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, pimiento, butter and stuffing mix. (If it didn't have vegetables in, I think I'd like it!)

Friday - Pepperoni pizza, salad, and banana splits.

Sounds pretty good this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts