Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bill's right. Thumbs down on the okra. I just took the frozen package, nuked it, and tossed it with butter, salt, and pepper. Dwane ate one. The rest of us didn't even try it. It was too weird for me. The two tablespoons of water (added before microwaving) formed this stringy syrupy stuff all around it--kind of like a spider web. I wasn't going to put that in my mouth. Dwane liked okra when he had it before, but it had been cut like pepperoni and deep fried. I didn't want to go through the trouble. Doesn't look like okra will be on my shopping list again.

The pot-pie was pretty good though. I made a homemade gravy with chicken breast, frozen mixed veggies (which is reduced by 1/2), and two sliced hard-boiled eggs. The eggs were different, but I think added interest and flavor. Dwane loved it. I thought it was pretty good for pot pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts