Sunday, June 18, 2006

At church today, Bill and Sue presented me with a gift. "The other half of my birthday present," they called it. Inside was a matted and framed print of Andrew Wyeth's "Sailor's Valentine". I have loved this painting for years, but unfortunately, prints were never made of it. Bill has been searching for me for years trying to find it, and the Farnsworth told him prints were never made, which was why he could never find it. They told him if he ever did find it, it was because someone had taken a page out of a book and matted and framed it. Well, that's what he found. And I am so in love! It is absolutely beautiful. Sailor's Valentine pictures a lighthouse (Tenants Harbor Light so my son informs me) with a bush with pink flowers in the foreground. I love the colors. I love the lighthouse. I love the flowers. I love the title--"Sailor's Valentine." I can't thank Bill and Sue enough for such a gift. And yes, Sizzle, I cried. So did Sue. And I think even Bill misted up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts