Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Country Music Inspired MI-5

Billy Rhythm says:

This morning I was downstairs folding laundry, listening to country music. The DJ played some really good stuff, and his set list inspired this MI-5. Country music inspired me, but you may answer freely, regardless of genre.

1) Is there any particular song that always makes you smile? (This question inspired by "Tight Fitting Jeans" by Conway Twitty.)

"Oh, yeah, by the way she moves, she's got me rolling in dirt, in a white t-shirt, breaker breaker one-nine she's a big ole flirt"...It's a song called "Nothing to Lose" by former American Idol contestant Josh Gracin. It's got the catchiest melody, and the "breaker breaker one-nine" just cracks me up. And it cracks me up every time, without fail. Josh actually has a couple of songs out, and I like them all. They will never go down as the greatest songs in history, but they just make me happy. Oh my goodness. Right now, on CMT, is a Josh Gracin video. It's his new one. "Favorite State of Mind." It's another fun one. What timing!!

2) Is there any particular song that always brings a tear to your eye? (This question inspired by "Three Wooden Crosses" by Randy Travis.)

There's probably quite a few of those, and more so since Dad died. Of course Brad Paisley's "When I Get Where I'm Going" can bring a tear, and so can LeAnne Rimes's "I Wish It Didn't Hurt So Bad". That may not be the actual title, but anyone who knows the song will know which one I'm talking about. "How Can I Help You Say Goodbye" can make me cry, too. That's another country singer, can't remember now who. I don't know if there is a song that can make me cry EVERY time, but I think these will do for now.

3) You have the opportunity to spend the day with someone who's no longer around. (Could be they've passed on, could be they're just not around.) Do you take the opportunity? Who do you pick? (Inspired by Diamond Rio's "One More Day.")

Of course, I'd pick my Dad. Hands down. I don't think there's even a close second.

4) You're going somewhere tropical. Where are you going? What's on your agenda? (From Kenny Chesney's "How Forever Feels.")

Anyway tropical would be fine. All of Kenny Chesney's videos make me want to go to the Caribbean. Sometimes I wish that I had so much money that I could just buy a vacation home and hang out all day for the rest of my life. I'd want a hammock in some sort of cabana thing on the beach, with the breezes blowing through. Maybe have a guitar to strum like Kenny. Bare feet. Ceiling fans of palm frawns (is that how you spell it?). Wicker furniture simply because it looks pretty. And I suppose I'd need a horse to ride on the beach. Of course, I'd be so rich that someone else could take care of it. To just be able to have no worries and be so carefree.

5) We all probably have a little habit/love/idea that some might consider a little "red neck." What's your "white trash" secret? (Inspired by "Redneck Yacht Club.")

Oh, boy. Here it comes. This little "fantasy" probably comes from some video I've seen. Or maybe one of the opening scenes of the first Charlie Angels movie. I think about what it would be like to live in a dumpy little trailer. My guy works very hard, but we just can't seem to make ends meet. It doesn't matter, though, because we love each other so deeply. It's a raw, sexy type of love. Oh, I'm embarassed. I think I'll stop right here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm the It Must Be Friday blog part of MI-5. Would you be willing to do next weeks questions?

-aza-

3:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts