Saturday, May 27, 2006

Today I got my notice that a 20th class reunion would be held for the RDHS Class of 1986. The Class is going to go aboard the M/V Mohegan, from the Rockland Public Landing. It's going to cruise to Camden and back, from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. There is no mention that dinner will be served. It does however, say the following: "Yes, it's a booze cruise!" and "Our goal is to cover the cost and have some left for the bar tab!" Guess what the cost is? $50.00/person, or $75.00/couple! Since Dwane and I don't drink at all, that's a pretty expensive boat ride to Camden! I just can't imagine paying $75.00 to finance someone else's partying!

I've got an idea that a lot of my old friends from high school are going to feel pretty much the same way. I'm considering organizing a picnic from 3:00 to 5:00 that afternoon at the Rockland Public Landing. Bring your own food. We'll be the "bon voyage" crew. It won't cost us a cent, and we'll still get to see everyone as they board the Monhegan. Sounds like a plan to me!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts