Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Television MI-5

This week's 5 is based on key phrases from my brother Bill's favorite TV shows. He then developed the questions from the phrase.

1) Discovery, Deadliest Catch: "Sig Hansen is on the crab!"
What's the craziest thing you've ever been on? A horse? A jury? The lam?

I would have to say a roller coaster. I've been on quite a few. I don't know if there is one that is crazier than another--I think they're all quite nuts. I go on them just so I can say that I did it. I have been on a stand-up one, and my favorite one is a wooden coaster in Lake George, NY. I can't remember the name of it. It is a really old one that they moved from some other amusement park (in Canada, I think).

2) Outdoor Life, Shooting USA: "Shoot safely, and share your sport!"
What was the last organized sport you participated in? Expound.

I am definitely NOT a sports person, except for watching figure skating, some gymnastics, and NASCAR. I guess Cheerleading would probably be the last one I participated in, and I think that's now "classified" as a "sport".

3) FoodTV, Good Eats: "There's room in my kitchen for only one uni-tasker."
Is there something you do that you MUST uni-task? Something that you have to be so focused on you can think of nothing else?

I think I'm a pretty good multi-tasker, as most women tend to be. However--when I'm doing my work (legal work), I don't like to be interrupted. I can do many legal work type things at the same time, I'm just not good at being patient, having real life interruptions, and doing legal work all at the same time. Other than that, I can cook, talk on the phone, take care of Caleb, and watch Dr. Phil all at the same time.

4) HGTV, This Old House Classics: "And I'm (insert host name here), for This Old House."
What's the oldest thing you have in your house? Tell us about it.

I'll probably miss something here, but it's probably a dish that my grandmother gave to her mother. When my grandmother bought it for her mother, it was already very old then. I'll have to have Ma tell me the story again. I need to write it down so I don't forget.

5) Trinity Broadcasting, G.E. Patterson: "Let's go into the message."
Are you planning on going somewhere cool/exciting/neat this year? Where? Why?

I'm going to the Smokey Mountains in Tennesee in October, courtesy of my Mom. We're going on a bus trip, and since it's my Mom's first "trip" since my Dad went to Heaven, I'm going along as her "traveling buddy". We'll be going to Dollywood, the Smokey Mountains National Forest, and a lot of shows. I'm looking forward to it. I have never been away from my husband or my kids for that long, so it will be a challenge, but Mom and I have never spent this much time together, so I know it will be good for both of us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Smokey Mountains national park is the most visited national park. I always thought it was Acadia because it was so close to the Northeast population centers and someone told me that too. Acadia is up here but I guess the Smokey Mountains park is within a ten hour drive of 3/4 of the population of the country or something crazy like that. I mean it is within ten hours from NYC all the way to Miami and all of the midwest. I have also heard it is nice. You will enjoy it. Jim

12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts