Friday, May 05, 2006

The MI-5

This week's MI-5 was written by Bill's wife, Sue, who is a legal TV addict.
Thus this weeks questions:

1. What is the worst legal trouble you've ever been in?

I was driving through Connecticut with my ex-boyfriend. He was tired, and wanted me to drive. He pulled over to the left side of the road on a busy highway. A copy pulled up behind us to find out why in the world we pulled over on that side. Because I was in the driver's seat at that point, I was the one who had to talk to the officer. I didn't "get in trouble" but it was scary to me nonetheless.

Or, it could be the time I hit a deer. I don't know if that counts as "legal trouble".

2. Do you have a lawyer and what do you use him for?

Fortunately for me, any legal work I've needed to have done, I've pretty much been able to do myself. Since I work for a lawyer, though, I would use her if I needed her. She did help with title work when we just refinanced, and she allowed me to identify myself as coming from her office when I fought with my mom's cell phone company.

3. Have you ever been called for jury duty? Did you serve?

I have served twice. Once for Failure to Report an Accident (not guilty) and once for marijuana possession in prison (guilty).

4. What's your most serious traffic infraction?

See #1 above.

5. Have you have any funny legal incidents?

I guess the funniest one was when I was a senior in high school. After school, I worked for Attorney John L. Knight. For a field trip, my Applied Law Class went to District Court to watch the trials. I was very excited about going, and had told John how I was looking forward to it. Anyway, during the trials, the clerk walks in the courtroom and whispers to the judge. The judge then looks out into the crowd and says, "Is there a Lisa Batty here? Would you approach the bench?" I walked forward, in front of all my peers, shaking like a leaf. When I got there, the judge said, "John wants to know where the John Doe file is." I wanted to kill John!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts