Saturday, January 13, 2007

What did I eat Friday? I'm not sure I can remember, but I'll try.

For breakfast, my normal (of course). I might change my normal, though. I used to just have two cups of hot chocolate every morning. It would keep me full and satisfied until lunch time. Since I've gone to one cup of hot chocolate and added a 1/2 bagel with peanut butter, I'm much more hungry. I'm not really sure why. Could milk be more filling?

No morning snack.

At lunchtime, Mom and I were just finishing up with grocery shopping. Caleb was saying, "I so hungry". We decided to go to McDonald's, and I was going to have a Happy Meal size hamburger, small fry, and small diet coke. When we got there, they were having a sale on Quarter-Pounders. 2 for $3.00. Mom thought that was a bargain. I was so excited that she was even contemplating eating a Quarter-Pounder, that I agreed that it was a deal. (Plus, it sounded much more exciting than a hamburger.) So, I ordered the Quarter Pounded (with cheese) with only reconstituted onions on it. A special order. I also had a small fry and my diet coke. Oh, and one chicken nugget. Now, If I said that I had a 3 oz. hamburger patty, a slice of bread, and a slice of cheese, that sounds a lot better than a "Quarter-Pounder" doesn't it? There I go. Rationalizing it. Actually, I know darn well I shouldn't have eaten it. And actually, it wasn't all that great. The meat seemed very dry to me. Next time, I don't think I'll be tempted to have a Quarter-Pounder, and I'll just stick with my hamburger. I think I would have enjoyed it more.

Ok. For an afternoon snack, I had 1/2 individual package of microwave popcorn. I split it with Caleb. It was the good Pop Secret Homestyle kind, but when I made it, I hadn't intended to eat any of it--it was for Caleb. Only 1/2 of it fit in his bowl, though, so I ate the rest of it.

For supper, I had a piece of ham steak and some macaroni. No bread, but no veggies either. (Dwane had canned corn--I much prefer frozen corn.)

For an evening snack I had dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Nuts are good protein. Dark chocolate is good for your heart, right? Rationalizing again? No. I'm not kidding myself. I shouldn't have eaten them. But I didn't eat very many. I have a canker sore in my mouth, and the chocolate really irritates it, so I really didn't eat very many.

I did do a one-mile in-home walk. A 12-minute mile. I'm scheduled to do a 3-mile walk today. I'm very anxious to try out Dance Factory for the Playstation, though. A game similar to Dance Dance Revolution, but you can use the music of your own choosing. (I'm going to use INXS Greatest Hits.) DDR is what I did for 6 months for an hour a day, 5 days a week. Didn't lose anything, but I didn't gain a pound, even though I ate like a pig. We'll see how Dance Factory compares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts