Monday, January 08, 2007

Sue asked if we might be able to be "accountability partners" in an effort to get fit & trim. We want to look like hot, sexy mamas in time for Sizzle & BigGuns wedding in July. Sounds good to me. I seriously doubt that I'll lose any weight though. Last year, I spent six months doing aerobic exercise for an hour a day, 5 times a week. I didn't lose a pound. So, I gave up. I mean, what's the point to use all that energy and time, when I didn't lose anything??? It seems, however, that the exercise was keeping me from GAINING weight. In the two months since I stopped, I've gained 15 pounds. That's ridiculous! I don't know if it's a metabolism thing, or a thyroid thing, or what. Last week, I went back to exercising. I tried different exercises this time, and went back to the Leslie Sansone in-home walking. I did it 5 times during the week, walking between 1 and 3 miles each time. I also cut out snacking and drank lots of water. I gained 2 pounds! Unbelievable! But, I told Sue that I would do what I could, and even if I couldn't be a hot, sexy mama, at least maybe I could be a healthy one.

Anyway, I decided that with my accountability to Sue, perhaps I needed to be accountable to all of you, too. So, I'm going to try to blog what I eat and how I exercised every day. I don't know how long I'll keep up with blogging this, as I'm sure you'll all get bored with it, as I will too.

Well, here's the scoop for today.

For breakfast I had one cup of hot chocolate made with skim milk, 1/2 large bagel, and a little bit of peanut butter. For lunch I had a Michaelina's Shrimp Scampi of 220 calories, and 3 Hershey kisses with almonds. For an afternoon snack, I had an individual bag of Pop Secret popcorn. The calories weren't too bad for that, but the fat grams were out of control. I'll have to find some "diet" popcorn. (Anyone have a good suggestion?--It needs to be in an individual serving bag, as I don't have a lot of control when it comes to popcorn.) At suppertime, I blew it. I had 4 Gorditas (made at home, not from Taco Bell). Each one had just a little bit of meat in it, and a little bit of cheese. That's it. Then I had four snack-size Kit Kats for dessert. Actually, looking back on the day, I guess I didn't do too bad. It certainly could have been worse. I wish I had just stopped at 2 Gorditas, instead of going back for more. That's my biggest weakness--going for seconds at mealtimes.

For exercising, I did a 3-mile in-home walk: a 10-minute mile, a 12-minute mile, and a 14-minute mile with a stretchie band (which allows for some strength training in your arms). My exercise "schedule" (from the Leslie Sansone website) indicates that tomorrow is an "off day" for exercising, but I think I'm going to do Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease DVD. It's an absolute blast!!! I love doing that one. Actually, I've only done it once. I ended up moving my shoulder in the wrong way, and had a sore shoulder for about 6 weeks. Guess I'll have to tone it down a little this time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I too am trying to get slim and trim before the wedding. So far the diet is going well, but the exercise will have to wait until I've lost enough so I don't break my knees in the process. I've combined several different diets I think, but hey, if it works, don't knock it. Remember, it will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it.

9:50 AM

 
Blogger reedicus said...

Lisa I believe the super bowl is three weekends from today i am pretty sure there is a bye week after the conference championships then the super bowl. I am not sure though so i will check it out and get back to you

6:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts