Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I've eaten entirely too much today already, so I figured I'd better write it all down now before I forget.

Breakfast was the same ole, same ole: 1 cup hot chocolate with skim milk, 1/2 bagel with a little peanut butter.

Caleb had been bugging me to make cupcakes for 24 hours, so we made cupcakes. I used a white cake mix, and made it the way my Mom taught me too--with no oil and no egg yokes. (I added an extra egg white, and increased my water by 1/4 cup.) I scraped the bowl. I did manage to get 24 cupcakes, though, and that's good for me. I LOVE to scrape the bowl for just about any baked good, and I've been known to "hold back" just to have more batter/dough to eat. I didn't today, though.

For lunch, I had another Michelina's dinner. 240 calories. Beef and vegetables with egg noodles and mushroom gravy. Man! That was good! And only 96 cents at Wonder Wal-Mart in Augusta. Neither our Wal-Mart, nor our grocery stores, carry a very good variety of the Michelina's products, at least not the "diet" ones. For dessert I ate 2 of the aforementioned cupcakes. No frosting. 2 cupcakes equals one serving. I think it was about 200 calories, and 4 grams of fat. Not so bad.

For an afternoon snack, I had a 100 calorie bag of popcorn. Act II brand. Not too bad, but not the Pop Secret Homestyle that I absolutely adore.

Then came supper. I blew it. I had some steak (the steak was .93 of a pound before cooking, and it was shared with Eben and Dwane, so I don't think I overdid the protein too much--at least not for what I normally would do). I had about 1/3 of a package of frozen corn in butter sauce. That was probably a no no. But soooo good. And, it was a vegetable. I also had macaroni shells. I know I ate way more than I should have.

But---if I am only bad for one hour out of the day, instead of being bad for 11 hours of the day, I guess that's still better. I mean, I ate less for breakfast, lunch, and snacks than what I normally would have eaten, and supper was "normal" for me.

For exericse, I did a 3-mile in-home walk with 1 1/2 pound hand weights. It seemed to be a really good workout today. I really concentrated on really giving it my all--going all out, so to speak, instead of just "crawling along". Sweat was dripping off my nose. TMI, probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts