Friday, January 12, 2007

How did I do yesterday?

Well, I told you that I did Yoga Booty (Bootie?) Ballet. I forgot to mention that it contained an awesome abs workout. My abs were working so hard that they actually got cramped up. I missed a couple of crunches because of the cramping, but I have to say that I'm impressed. I'll have to work myself up to doing all of them.

For breakfast, it was my normal.

No morning snack.

For lunch, I had another Michelina's--this time it was pasta, shrimp, and veggies. Another good one. I had 100 calorie Oreo pack for dessert.

For afternoon snack, I had a small amount of my Mom's Chex Mix. That pretty much finished that up. I didn't feel guilty about eating that--my Mom always makes a lower-fat version anyway, and I thought that the cashews would give me some good protein.

Then, I had my usual supper fiasco. I was feeling particularly blue yesterday. PMS. I had worked over 21 hours (I'm supposed to work 8). Dwane and I had a small tiff (tift? rift?) about cable and interest access. (Apparently, I don't appreciate the monetary value in having HDTV and all that goes along with it.) I wanted some food. Comfort food. Food that would not only taste good, but would FEEL good in my mouth. I think this is what is described as totally emotional eating. I had a Barber chicken with seafood stuffing. Mashed potato (made with skim milk and less margarine than I would usually use). But this is where it gets bad--I made a cheese sauce to go on top of everything! Yup! and Yum! I made it with skim milk, thickened with flour in the microwave (so no butter was needed for a rioux--is that how you spell that?). I didn't have low-fat cheddar, though. And, I had second helpings of potato and cheese sauce. Then, for dessert, I had two--that's right, two--chocolate ice cream cups with marshmallow swirl through it from the Keag store. (Those things are deadly.) I actually had a stomach ache when I was all through. For a moment, I wish I was bulimic so that I wouldn't have such a full feeling in my stomach. (I don't really want to be bulimic.) It was a planned gorge fest. And while I was gorging, I thoughly enjoyed every minute.

So far this morning, I've just had my hot chocolate. My 1/2 bagel is thawing on the counter. I'm going shopping with Mom this morning, and I should really go exercise first. But, Dwane's been moving the DVD player, Receiver, TV all around--unplugging and rehooking--and now we have 2 new remotes. I'm not sure I can figure out how to make my DVD player even work. I should be good and just do a VHS here in the computer room. We'll see. I'm tempted to just "start all over again on Monday".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts