Friday, December 29, 2006

Jim says:

It is a Jimmy double take five! I decided to grab it one more week because it seems like it has been forever since I last did it. I took a quick look and it was like September even though Bill swears I have done it since then. I didn't care enough to look deeper. I had some ideas so here we go.

The MI-5

1. Tell us something funny about the place you live. (could be town, residence, street or whatever works)

I don't know if it's funny, but I think it's very cool that I live about 3 miles from the house in which I grew up, and less than 1 mile from my best friend (and technically, all three homes are on the same "street").

2. If your job (for whatever reason) was gone tomorrow and you had to seek employment what kind of work would you look for?

If money was going to be a determining factor, then I would pursue the same career (paralegal). That's what I know how to do, and what I could make the most money at. If money was not an issue, I would work in a jewelry store and play with diamonds all day.

3. Is there something you would have liked for Christmas you didn't get?

The Facts of Life Season 1 on DVD. It was on my list, and Dwane looked for it, but couldn't find it. I was given some money for Christmas, but I don't know if I really want it so bad that I'd spend the money on it myself. Actually, it's a pretty inexpensive set ($20 or so), and since I'm since a Lisa Whelchel "fan", I might just do it (if I can ever find it locally again).

4. Tell us something that happened to you in the past that was negative at the time but helped you grow as a person.

Several years ago, Dwane had an experience at MBNA that was quite scary for us. Everything worked out in our favor, but it was really nerve-wracking. I remember spending the afternoon listening to praise & worship music, crying, and praying. My faith in God grew SOOOO much that afternoon. I need to do that more often (not that I want anymore "tragedy" of course).

5. Tell us 5 things you think everyone as a part of growing up should have to experience.

A. Watch parents demonstrate a healthy, loving marriage (like I was able to do).
B. Watch parents demonstrate a healthy, loving marriage (like I was able to do).
C. Watch parents demonstrate a healthy, loving marriage (like I was able to do).
D. Watch parents demonstrate a healthy, loving marriage (like I was able to do).
E. Watch parents demonstrate a healthy, loving marriage (like I was able to do).

Maybe that's all a cop-out, but you know, as much as I miss my Dad as my Dad, what I miss even more is seeing my parents together. Demonstrating their love for each other. Being there for each other. While their love will continue forever, of course, seeing the end of that love story here on earth devastates me. I've had a very difficult time this week dealing with this

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts