Saturday, December 23, 2006

I watched The Devil Wears Prada this morning. I LOVED it!

I woke up at 5:20 AM, my nose stuffed up. Couldn't breathe. Couldn't go back to sleep. Decided to get up, take some echinacea, and sip some hot chocolate to see if I could get some "juices" flowing. Yuck! So, after doing my devotions (currently going through the Bible study Daniel, by Beth Moore), I popped in "Devil". Imagine. From Daniel to Devil in about 1/2 hour!

I think I have just become a huge fan of Anne Hathaway. I loved her in Princess Diaries, and she was great in this one too. She reminds me of a young Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. I haven't yet seen Ella Enchanted, but I've got to put that next on my list.

Anyway, this movie had a little bit of romance, a tiny bit of comedy, and a lot about the fashion industry and dealing with a devil of a boss. I've definitely had a devil of a boss in my life, but a different type of a devil. My particular devil had a temper that could go off at any minute, and then be a sweatheart the next. If I didn't know better, I'd say my devil was a Gemini. (I'm not into astrology at all, but because I'm a Gemini myself, I do know about the twin personlity thing.) The Devil in Prada, however, always maintained her devil reputation. Only she chose to keep it very subdued and quiet. Oh, you knew when she was wound up on the inside, but she was so cool on the outside. Anyway--I'm rambling.

On another note, we had our little office Christmas party yesterday at China Coast. My current boss, (whom I would not characterize as a devil--at least not yet), insisted that Dwane and Caleb attend. She's absolutely infatuated with Dwane. (Who isn't??? Dwane is EVERYONE'S favorite!) One of the reasons she loves him is because he eats fortunate cookies the same way she does. Break of a piece of fortune cookie, then put a dollop of ice cream on the piece. Then eat it like an ice cream cone.

I'm not sure what is on the agenda for today. We don't have anything planned. We were going to go to Dwane's Dad's house for the Wight Christmas, but San wasn't going to be here, so we decided to do it next Saturday instead. Eben stayed home from school yesterday because he didn't feel well, but he woke up this morning, bounded down the hallway and announced that he was "cured"! "Completely cured! (Except my arm fell asleep.)" I'm so glad God still performs miracles. Anyway--we hadn't made plans because of his "illness". I imagine we'll brave Wal-Mart again today. Not sure why. Maybe because there's nothing else to do. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts