Saturday, November 19, 2005

Well, everything went well with the dentist. I had 3 fillings replaced in 55 minutes. Two on top, one on the bottom. I have to have 4 more done in about 2 weeks. Fun!

After the dentist, I had to stop by my old office to have something notarized. It was SOOOOO good to see Karen and Suzanne again. Jim was at a seminar, and Nina was meeting with a client, so I didn't get to see them. When I went into the office, it was like I had never left. Sometimes I think I would do almost anything (including getting on my knees and begging) to have my old job back. Then I get back to the daycare issue, and I just can't do it.

My brother asked about my Sudoku infatuation. In a nutshell, there are three rows of three boxes, thus making nine boxes. Each box is divided into nine squares. (Thus making a "9x9 grid", so to speak.) Numbers 1 through 9 appear periodically (randomly, I guess) within the grid. The instructions are: "To solve, place a number into each box so that each row across, each column down, and each small 9-box square within the larger diagram, will contain every number from 1 through 9. In other words, no number may appear more than once in any row, column, or smaller 9-box square. Working with the numbers already given as a guide, complete each diagram with the missing numbers that will lead to the correct solution." I bought one of those magazine puzzle books from the newstand, and I can do the "easy" and "medium" ones with little difficulty. Although I have tried 6 of the "hard" ones, I have yet to complete one successfully. I haven't even tried the "challenge" ones yet. I like the ones in TV Guide. They use 9 letters instead of numbers. When done correctly, the name of a TV show will be spelled out in the puzzle. I'll take one of my pages of the standard Sudoku puzzles to my brother at church tomorrow to see what he can do with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts