Monday, October 31, 2005

On Saturday, Mom, Sue and I went to Portland to do some shopping. We were supposed to have gone to a Women's Conference in Waldoboro to hear Cynthia Heald speak, but we were 10-14 on a waiting list. Since Sue and I had already "booked" our husbands for childcare, we decided to go shopping instead. After getting a quick breakfast at Dunkin Donuts in Rockland (I had an onion bagle with butter--which was terrible) we headed to the Maine Mall. I wanted to find some deep pocket California King-size sheets (no luck) and get the new "Christmas" scents at Bath & Body Works (Vanilla Bean Noel--Yum!). I spent what seemed like hours in Bath & Body Works. Eben hates it when I go in there--there's absolutely nothing for him to enjoy in that store. We went to Toys R Us, where I got a lot of Christmas shopping done, and then headed to Tim Horton's for lunch. I had never eaten there before. I wouldn't say it was my favorite, but I would try it again. I had some chicken noodle soup, a baquette roll, and a French Crueller donut. The roll and donut were great, but the soup tasted like it was directly out of a Progresso can. Mom had beef stew, which was made with hamburg instead of stew meat, but it was good. Sue had a turkey sandwich, and she said that the mayo was very spicy, so she took half of it home to Bill. It was then on to more shopping--we hit A.C. Moore's, Target, and Sam's Club. I picked up a couple of more Christmas presents at Sam's, but didn't have any luck at the craft store or Target. We went through Augusta on our way home, so that we could pick up Julia in Somerville, and we were home by 4:30 or so. We had a fun day. I think it was the first time I have done something "fun" all day without my kids. Even on the way down to Portland, I was telling Mom and Sue that I had been trying to plot a way that I could take Dwane and the boys with me, while still spending time alone with Mom and Sue. Guess it's time to cut those umbilical cords!

Dwane has the busiest two weeks of the year coming up. After these two weeks, things should slow down quite a bit until spring. I have a CTMH gathering to get ready for on Thursday night, and I haven't even thought of a project yet, so that's what I'm going to be doing the next day or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts