Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Let's see. What's been going on? My brother always puts a "weekend wrap-up" on his blog, but I don't even think I can remember back that far.

Dwane had to work on Saturday morning. We did a little shopping in Rockland in the afternoon, and then considered going to Sam's Club to get a mattress. We decided against it, so Dwane and the boys headed home. Since I had my own vehicle with me, I decided to go to TJ Maxx and JC Penney to try to spend a couple of gift certificates that I have. I couldn't find anything at either place. Better luck next time. For supper, I cooked a Nascar Alabama meal, as the race was at Talladega this weekend. I made fried chicken (which wasn't so good), a French onion casserole (which was awesome) and Coca Cola cake (which was pretty good, too).

Sunday was church, then Bill & Sue cooked spaghetti and meatballs for lunch. I brought the left over cake and onions from the previous night. We watched the race (or most of it) and headed back for church. During favorites at church, the two hymns I most dreaded having to play since Dad's death, "Til the Storm Passes By" and "Because He Lives" were chosen. I made it through "Storm" ok, but completely lost it during "Because He Lives". It was one of Dad's favorites. I was absolutely sobbing. Didn't have any tissues, either. I think I was quite pitiful.

I've been crocheting some ponchos for my nieces for Christmas gifts. I have finished Emily's, Julia's is done except for the neck edging and fringe, and I'm almost done with Caitlin's.

I've got a busy week coming up. Tomorrow night is Eben's open house. There's an Italian supper before hand, and I need to make cupcakes for that. Thursday night, my Mom and I are going to a banquet for AAHAM. (An organization my Dad belonged to.) AAHAM is going to establish a scholarship in my Dad's memory, and they asked if Mom and I would come. Friday night I am holding a scrapbooking worskhop at my house, and on Saturday morning, we have Cub Scouts.

Guess I should get off the computer and get some stuff done, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts