Friday, October 21, 2005

Mom and I have been looking at gravestones for the last couple of days. Today, I think we decided on what we want to do. We really like the polished black granite with etching. This would allow us to actually put several lighthouses on a stone, and the renditions would be very "lifelike", as opposed to a carving, which must be much less "specific". We think we'll put on Ram Island Light (where my great-grandmother was born), Boon Island and Two Bush (where my great-grandparents were lightkeepers), and Selkirk, which is on Lake Ontario. In later years, my father loved to visit this lighthouse, which has been turned into a bed-and-breakfast. Mom is now trying to decide if she wants an upright stone (which has a "larger appearance"), or one that is tilted back and kindda triangular shaped (which she prefers). I think that as long as it has a real lighthouse on it, it will be perfect for Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts