Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I have found the world of Sudoku. I am pretty much addicted! What fun! Probably the way I do them would be classified as "cheating", but I have fun anyway. Keeps my mind off things I don't want to think about.

I went two whole days without a headache. Had one today, and had to take Advil twice. Then I remembered that for the last two days I had been taken my five minutes "cat naps" on my new pillows. Unfortunately, these five minute cat naps ended up taking 2 hours each! Boy, I must be tired! Anyway, I'm blaming today's headache on my new pillows. (Which seem sooo comfortable!)

Dwane's busiest two weeks of the year are over. He worked 67.5 hours one week and 81.5 hours the next. He actually got to take all of Monday off, and he just has to go in for an hour or so tomorrow.

Tomorrow I get to go to the dentist first thing in the morning. I'm having the fillings replaced on one side of my mouth. I think that's about 5 fillings. All in one visit. Fun, huh? Bet I'll be taking Advil tomorrow, too.

Tomorrow is also Eben's Thanksgiving Feast. They're having a little concert, and then a Thanksgiving dinner at the Odd Fellows Hall. I'm sure it will be wonderful.

I've been really in the Christmas spirit lately. I've helped Mom with the Christmas program for Sunday School, almost finished my Christmas shopping, wrapped all of the presents bought so far, and I've got Christmas music playing in the car and Christmas-scented candles in kitchen. I'm very surprised about this Christmas spirit. I totally thought that I would dread the holiday season. I think that last year, though, there was so much "dread" wondering if it would be the last Christmas with Dad. This year, that sense of "dread" isn't there, at least in the same way. And, I just keep my kids in the forefront of my holiday thoughts. No matter how depressed I might be, and no matter how much I want to lock myself in the bedroom, I can't because of the kids. So far, though, I really want to go right head-first into the holidays. We'll see if the feelings change as the holidays get closer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you play sudoku online or on pen and paper?

There's a good site here: Fiendish Sudoku. It has new puzzles every day at five difficulty levels, and it can give you hints or solve the puzzle step-by-step. If you prefer pen and paper, it can print out the grid at five different sizes.

Good luck with the dentist,
Kristin W

11:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts