Saturday, November 19, 2005

My brother Bill asked me to write the MI-5 this Friday. So this is what I came up with. My brother's answers can be found at www.BillyRhythm.com/traa.

1. SIGHT: What things do you most look forward to seeing during the Christmas season?
2. SOUND: What is your favorite Christmas song/hymn/carol?
3. TASTE: What do you most enjoy eating during the holiday season?
4. SMELL: What about a smell? Is there a certain smell that reminds you of Christmas?
5. TOUCH: Recall a "touching" Christmas memory.

Here are my answers:

1. SIGHT: I just love to see Eben's expression when he first wakes up on Christmas morning. This year, I anticipate it will be doubly-good, as Caleb should be old enough to get excited over presents.
2. SOUND: I love just about all Christmas music, although hymns probably mean the most. I think "O Holy Night" is my favorite hymn. My favorite all-time Christmas Album is "Patridge Family Christmas Card". Corny, maybe, but as a kid, I spent HOURS listening to this album every Christmas. I think they really "rocked up" a lot of the traditional songs (Blue Christmas, Rocking Around the Christmas Tree, Jingle Bells, etc.).
3. TASTE: Christmas Dinner at Mom's. Aunt Ginny's candy cane cookies. Uncle Ade's eggnog.
4. SMELL: Oh, I LOVE Christmas smells. Each year, I look forward to going to Bath & Body Works to buy some of their Christmas scents. This year, it's Vanilla Noel. Yummy. Bathy & Body Works also has a wonderful candle/room scent called "Spice". Very cinnamony. I was hoping that they had that for the body, but they don't. So sad.
5. TOUCH: Probably every Christmas has an element of something that is "touching". The first time Eben read the Christmas Story at Mom & Dad's. The musical teddy bear that Mom & Dad gave me. And most definitely, and probably the biggest one, is the year that Mom took our baby pictures and put them in scrapbooks for all three of us kids. I think we were all crying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts