Friday, October 10, 2008

GINA'S "IN OTHER WORDS" MI-5

1. Other than the usual “crunch”, what one word best describes the sound when you walk in snow? Tell us about a time you had with/in snow.

How about "thud"? Sometimes you don't even crunch through the snow, but step with a "thud". I am not much of a snow person, at least as far as outdoor activities go, so I don't know that I have tons of great memories. I used to like to my tunnels with my brothers in the "snowplow piles". And, when I know that we are going to get a "bad" snowstorm, I like to make a boiled dinner on the stove. That way, if the power goes out, at least I'll have supper ready. I like to make yeast rolls on those days, too.

2. What one word best describes the sound of leaves as you walk through them. Try not to use the word “rustle, rustling”. Share a story having to do with you and leaves.

I guess I'm thinking "laughter". The boys and I have had so much fun this fall with the leaves--not necessarily walking through them, but trying to catch them as they fall from the trees. Yesterday, I asked God to send a breeze while we were waiting for the bus, so that we could catch some more. Just as the bus was coming over the horizon, we had a huge breeze, and the leaves were falling everywhere! Thank you, God, for answering even the little prayers.

3. Choosing another word besides the word “slosh”, give us your best (one) word for walking through rain and puddles. We’d love to read a story about you and the rain and/or puddles.

"Splash" is probably the obvious choice. "There's one!" would be another one (two) that come to mind. We had a huge puddle in our driveway for most of the summer, and frogs absolutely loved it. The boys were always looking in that puddle and saying "there's another one!" Eben would catch them and add them to an aquarium on the doorstep. It was like living on a frog farm for a while.

4. Yes, there’s sweltering. But pick one other word to describe the humid summer heat. If you’re able, tell us a funny story related to you and the summer heat. If nothing comes to mind, tell us what you do to beat the heat.

"Nasty" is what I think of. I hate it when my nose and neck sweat. Gross! I think nothing helps beat the heat beter than an iced tea.

5. Halloween is fast approaching. Other than the word “spooky”, choose one word that describes the Halloween atmosphere. Share with us a favorite Halloween costume you wore. If you’ve never participated by wearing a costume, let us know the wildest costume you’ve ever seen.

Ok. I know I'm in the minority here, but I hate Halloween. I just don't get into all the macabre stuff. How 'bout the word "freaky"? The whole Halloween scene just freaks me out a bit. I guess my favorite Halloween costume was when I went as Marie Osmond. I must have been around 4th grade or so. As an adult, I dressed as a cat with Mrs. Cheeseball (probably in the early 1990s), and I went one time as a woman from the Revolutionary War (probably in the late 1980s).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts