Thursday, October 02, 2008

HULA HOOPS AND HIPS

I think I mentioned that I now have the Wii Fit, and I am so loving that! One of things I do with that game is hula-hoop. In fact, I hula-hoop for 10 minutes straight! That's a lot of hula-hooping! If you don't believe me, try it. Anyway, while I'm standing there hula-hooping, I have lots of time to think about different things. I didn't do much thinking today. Well, except for about how my hips were moving. I know, weird. Then I got singing Matt Nathanson's song "Come On Get Higher":

"So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love"

I guess the hula-hooping of my hips made me think of the "swing of your hips" of the song. So anyway, I then tried to sing it to the same rhythm that my hips were moving. I couldn't do it. I was laughing in spite of myself. The song is quite slow, so I had to really put it into fast-forward.

I saw Matt Nathanson perform on the CBS Saturday Morning Show about a year ago, and he performed this song and one called "Car Crash". I was really excited to find "Come On Get Higher" on Sugarland's new CD--they sing a live version of it, and I think their version is quite good, too. Has anyone heard of Matt Nathanson? Are any of his other songs "mainstream hits"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts