Saturday, October 18, 2008

BILLY RHYTHM'S CARTOON MI-5

1) Johnny Quest meets his friend Hadji in India. Tell us about a friend you have/someone you met who is "far" away. (You determine what "far" is.)

My friend, Nicki, is married to a guy in the USCG. Shortly after my Dad died, she called me from Alaska (where her husband was stationed), to offer her condolences. That meant a whole lot to me. Last time I knew, they were in Connecticut or Rhode Island. Another friend, Ronda, lived on Okinawa for a time while her husband was in the Air Force. It was always cool to get letters from her, all the way from Japan. (She's just in South Thomaston now.) I don't know that I have any "friends" that originally from another country. I guess the friend that is furthest away now is Amy--all the way in California.

2) Scooby Doo and Shaggy are always hankerin' for a snack. What have you got a craving for recently?

Lately, it seems that all I am craving is the Italian Wedding Soup from Tim Horton's. Oh how I love that! Unfortunately, they don't serve it very often. At lunchtime today, though, I was hanking for a hot dog and onion rings. Mom & I went to Moody's for lunch, but instead of a hot dog, I had a cup of clam chowder and a 1/2slice of custard pie. It was amazing, and I'm so glad I didn't get the hot dog.

3) There are so many trains in "Thomas and Friends" I can't keep track of them all! Is there a group of folks you're involved in, and yet you don't know everyone's name (e.g. chruch group, business group, support group, etc.)? Can you tell us about it?

I know this is kind of a "spin" on the question, but what comes to mind are all of my clients. I know all of them as names on paper. However, I have only met about 3 of them. Since I work from home, I don't get the opportunity to see them in person. I often wonder how many people I meet at the grocery store or Wal-Mart might actually be my clients. I know how much debt they have, what their marital problems are, but I don't even know their faces!

4) Bill Cosby was only a regular on "The Electric Company" for one season before he left. What job have you held for the shortest period of time?

I was an "assistant tax clerk" type of thing at the South Thomaston Town Office for about a week. That was all the job lasted--it was temporary. I don't even remember for sure what I did, but it centered around getting out everyone's real estate tax bill. It was the summer between my junior and senior years of high school.

5) Speaking of Bill Cosby, "The Junkyard Gang" from Fat Albert made instruments out of old junk. Do you have something in your house that's old junk that you've turned into something useful? If not, tell us about something that's junky, but that you just can't get rid of.

My house is loaded with junk. I can't seem to get rid of any of it. Mostly because I can't seem to find the time to get the job done. My teddy bear would look very much like junk to someone other than me, but I'll never get rid of him. I don't think I've ever turned any of it into something useful.

Good questions, Bill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts