Tuesday, June 24, 2008

NEWS??

I kept meaning to do a weekend wrap-up, but I didn't get around it it soon enough. Now I don't really remember what I did. Guess that's what happens when you hit 40.

I was very disappointed about my weekly weigh-in. I only lost 2/10 of a pound. I worked so hard at my eating habits, and I thought I had done a really, really good job. I literally ate about 1/2 the calories that I would normally eat, and I was very faithful in drinking 8 glasses of water a day. To be honest, I didn't exercise, so that was probably a huge part of the problem. I've added the exercise in this week. I'm back to doing the DDR, and today I burned just shy of 600 calories in an hour, which calculates to jogging about 2.2 miles. If I don't lose next Sunday, I'll be really discouraged.

Last night I went to a meeting at church for the ladies that are going to the Women of Faith conference in Boston in July. We'll be leaving on a train out of Portland on Thursday, July 24, and arrive in Boston around 5:00 PM. We're staying about a 1/2 mile from the train station at the Holiday Inn Government Center. The conference is right across from the train station, and we'll have to walk or catch a cab between the hotel and the conference center. (I vote for walking!) The conference is all day Friday and all day Saturday. We'll leave on the Saturday evening train to head back to Portland. There are 11 of us from my church going, and I know it will be blast. I'm rooming with Beloved, my cousin Mary, and Jackie.

Dwane just called and said that he will need to work at the NASCAR race this weekend in New Hampshire. He'll be setting up audio/visual stuff in the infield and in the garage areas. (Usually, he works in the hospitality areas.) We're racing around (no pun intended) trying to find some tickets now, so that perhaps we can all go. Or, at least Eben and I. Caleb doesn't quite "get into it" yet, and he doesn't like the noise. I'm hoping that if we go, Mom might agree to keep Caleb for the weekend. He would much prefer to stay with her. I've talked to my Aunt Jo, who lives near the track, and we can stay with her for the weekend, so that will save some cost there.

Since it's now 12:30, I suppose I should finally get dressed. It's Eben's first day of summer vacation (finally!), and I got to sleep in. I slept until 6:45, which is really late for me.

Love to everyone!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHH can I scream now? AHHH. You husband gets to be in the garage?? I am so jealous ;-)

I went to a Tony Stewart signing awhile back and they had a car on display (not one of his) and while we were still in line they packed it up and of course it was loud...and I just smiled and my mom looked at me and said WHAT? and I said: That is a sound I absolutely LOVE. She said YOU ARE DEFINITELY YOUR FATHERS DAUGHTER.

I hope you find tickets and get to attend :)

6:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts