Wednesday, June 11, 2008

FOR AMY

Amy posted a couple questions/comments on one of my recent posts, so I thought I'd try to answer them.

Eben's concerts both went really well. The band concert was held outside, and the sun was really beating. (It was the hottest day of the year so far for us.) Eben played Smoke on the Water with Bailee (his cousin) for a saxophone duet, and he also played the drums (yes, the drums!) in a blues pick-up group. He played a snare and a hi-hat cymbal. He did really great! Mom told him that he should start playing the drums at church while Uncle Bill played the bass, but he poo-pooed that idea really quickly.

Last night was the chorus concert. That was held last night in the school cafeteria, and it was really crowded. Eben had a solo part in Boondocks (he did great!) and also sang in a small group for "Bet On It" from High School Musical 2. The school principal actually practices with the chorus each week, and the principal sang a solo during the last number "Stand By Me". After the concert Mr. Schooley (the principal) came up to me and said that Eben was "really going to be a rock star". He said that he had a "tremendous voice". Quite the compliment. Unfortunately, Eben is thinking of not doing chorus next year. He says that the songs "aren't cool". And, he says the on the cool songs they do perform, everyone "messes it up".

I have less knowledge about video games. I do know that both Dwane and Eben are really, really good at the Nascar PS games. They have both said that Nascar 08 is really, really hard, and they very rarely play it because they find it so challenging. Dwane's favorite games have included the GT driving games, and then he found "Dirt". He absolutely loves that. In fact, when he first started, he was so addicted to it that he "beat the game" in about a week. Of course, he was staying up until about 3:00 AM every day for a week, and the garbage was never taken out. The guys at Game Spot told him that "Grid" was by the same makers as "Dirt", so he was really excited to try that, and he loves that one as well. In fact, he thinks he may like it even better than the GT series. Dwane prefers games that are very, very realistic, and I guess Grid & Dirt fit the bill. Amy, if you're having a specific problem about Nascar 08, let me know. I'm sure Eben will have some sort of advice for you!

PS Amy--what Nintendo DS games do you love?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I don't think anyone has ever dedicated a whole post just for me...I am honored!!!

First off congratulate Eben on his concerts for me. Sounds like they were great!!

Now...about me and Nascar08...urg...I can't even figure out how to drive around the track without crashing. Seriously. Maybe I should start playing it more to get better but I crash and then get frustrated because my lap is ruined. I probably wouldn't have made a good race car driver ;-). Does Eban use the PS controller or one of those fancy steering wheel things you can get? Maybe I need a steering wheel?

I have some DS games that I LOVE: DinerDash and CakeMania and CookingMama come to mind. I have another one that I loved called Pogo Island but I defeated it so if you want it you can have it :) I am still trying to beat PuzzleQuest...its not as easy as it looks but I love it too. I borrowed SuperMArio from my sister in law...that was fun..but I keep getting stuck. I have the same problem with the ScoobyDoo Mystery game. I have MySims...and I like playing that but it gets old fast. I have Sims2 Pets and its ok...and I don't like nintendogs either :/
Hee :) Deriously though if you want Pogo Island you can have it :D

6:02 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Dwane doesn't like the steering wheels. Oh--he'd like to like the steering wheels, but he just doesn't. We've bought quite a few of them, and he tries it once, and that's it. He says it takes a lot to "program" them to get the feel right. It's also a pain for him because you have to move the furniture around to get the right table to allow for the right height, blah, blah, blah. Both Dwane and Eben use the standard controller.

I bought CookingMama for myself on Monday. I LOVE that! And Caleb likes to watch me play. I've played DinerDash and CakeMania on the PC, and I've enjoyed them there (although they can stess me out). I've always been intrigued by the concept of the Sims, but I've never tried any of them. Why does it get old? I don't know about PuzzlQuest or Pogo Island, but if you want to send it on, I'd be happy to try it out! :)

9:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts