Tuesday, June 10, 2008

40TH BIRTHDAY WRAPUP

Now that I'm 40, I'll probably not even remember what happened on my birthday on Saturday!!

Dwane, the boys, and I headed to Augusta for the day. We had to make a stop in Bremen so that Dwane could drop off the new four-wheeler. There's something wrong with it, and since it's under warranty still, we needed to take it back. We stopped at Subway in Damariscotta for lunch.

In Augusta, I think we stopped at almost every store there. I ended up buying some frosty mugs and a pink canvas tote at the Christmas Tree Shop. (I had been wanting a pink tote for my Bible and church stuff.) I was wearing the cheap brand of Crocs on my feet, and they were really hot, so I picked out some sandals at Wal-Mart. At Target, we bought a new Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper (Dwane had broken my old one more than a year ago). We also picked up a cat condo thing that was on sale there. I had wanted the pink one in the flyer, but of course, they didn't have that one. I settled on a smaller, green one. The cats will both sleep on it if you put them on it, but so far, they aren't too enthused. At Game Spot, I bought a Dirty Dancing PC game. I am having so much fun with that!!!! It's a pretty silly game, but it combines all of the elements of PC gaming that I enjoy--hidden pictures, rhythm, cards, etc. Eben picked up a couple of used PS2 basketball games--one for $4 and one for $1. Dwane picked up "Grid" for PS3, which is a race game (of course). We decided that would be his Father's Day present from Eben. At TJ Maxx, Dwane decided he needed to buy some shorts, as he was hot. His new shirt and shorts became his Father's Day present from me. At this point, I'm really quite tired of shopping. (Can you believe it?)

For supper, we ate at Red Robin. I really like that place. I had a free coupon since it was my birthday, so I ate for free, and even got a free birthday ice cream sundae. I had always ordered the Pot Roast Burger in the past, and I was disappointed that they no longer carried that. I settled for a prime rib French dip sandwich. It was good, but in the future I would just order a burger, instead of paying $5 more just for the prime rib.

When we got home, Dwane gave me a pearl pink Nintendo DS and several games (Jam Sessions, Word Mahong, Nervous Brickdown, and a combination game that had Connect Four, Sorry, and two other games in it. On Sunday, Dwane and the boys gave me Trisha Yearwood's new cookbook, which is awesome, but not too diet friendly. I absolutely love cookbooks, and in my humble opinion, what makes a good cookbook is one that has little stories for each recipe. That's what Trisha has delivered here. Great recipes and little stories. Perfect. I also got the Kellie Pickler CD. Aunt Ginny gave me pink socks (a tradition), Ma gave me a blue shirt, Mom gave me a Pyrex 9x9 pan and some money (with which I bought 4 new shirts at Walmart yesterday), Bill & Sue & kids gave me a book called "The House that Cleans Itself"--a book about organizing and cleaning. Sue has read parts of this book, and she is very passionate about it. I can't wait to read it. Mrs. Cheeseball gave me (can you guess?) a cheeseball, and my boss gave me the DVD "Dreamer", a Taste of Home Cookbook, some Lighthouse Stationery, and a devotion book. Goodness! I made out like a bandit. And, I'm sure I've forgotten something.

Well, it's now past 8:30 AM, and it's time to go to work. I've also got to get ready for a scrapbook gathering tomorrow night. I've got some actual scrapbooking to do to get ready for that, as well as some cleaning (wish I had already read that book from Sue!). I've got to also make Death by Chocolate for Eben's concert tonight and the party tomorrow night. Busy, busy day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did Eben's show go? I was listening to Boondocks today and thought hey his concert is today!!!

Congrats on turning 40. You will like the nintendo DS. I love mine. Its great to pass time...

Has your husband had time to try GRID yet? I want it (but for the ps2)...but I was wondering if it was easy :) Mostly because I get frustrated with Nascar 08 because it is so NOT easy. I crash too much :)

12:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

Congrats as well on the birthday milestone. I recently bought a NintendoDS and wanted to mention a game. Have you tried BrainAge2 yet? It's a game that supposedly helps with brain functioning by keeping it active etc. It has several different challenges. When you first start it determines what your current brain age is (by a series of tests) and keeps a record of improvement. You'd probably do quite well as it involves numbers and memory. Also piano playing.

Just thought I'd mention it.

-aza- (your brother's co-worker and fellow MI-5 member)

3:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts