Tuesday, June 03, 2008

MONDAY'S FOOD LOG

Like Beloved and Aunt Ginny, I am also participating in "First Place" at church. It's like Weight Watchers, with Bible Study added to it. Unlike Beloved, however, I am not going to post my weight. It's not that I really have anything to hide--most at the first weigh-in know how much I weigh. However, I don't want to find myself being a slave to the scale. I want clothes to look good on me and I want to be healthy. I took my scales to church on Sunday for the weigh-in, and I forgot to bring them home. I'm actually glad I left them there. I find that whenever I start a "diet", I weigh myself every day. If I don't see immediate results, I give up.

Anyway, for the first week, we are not really supposed to change our eating habits. We are simply to write down everything that we eat. I was glad that I didn't need to cut down on food just year---after all, I turn 40 on Saturday, and my boss is taking me to Applebee's for lunch on Friday, we're going to Red Robin for lunch on Saturday (I have a birthday coupon for a free burger), and I'm hoping that Dwane has asked my Mom to make one of my favorite meals for my birthday supper. (Usually I want boiled dinner with ham, but I just baked a ham last week, so I've got my fingers crossed for stew beef & gravy, mashed potato, frozen corn, and either a DQ ice cream cake or an angel food cake with that white frosting stuff that Mom makes.) Not a good time to "diet"!!!

Ok--enough chat. Here's my food diary for yesterday:

Breakfast: A small Little Debbie chocolate chip muffin. (Wasn't very good--I'm glad--I won't be tempted.)

Lunch - 1/2 of a homemade hamburger pizza. I didn't eat the outside crust, but it was still way more than I needed to eat. For dessert I had a 1-ounce square of semi-sweet baking chocolate. :)

Supper - A sandwich made with white bread (gasp!), leftover-baked ham, and a slice of Swiss cheese. I used some margarine on the sandwich. I didn't eat the whole sandwich, as I was still so full from lunch. For dessert, I had a handful of chocolate chips.

I had no snacks. I had no caloric beverages. No water--just a swig of Diet Pepsi here and there throughout the day. Another no-no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts