Tuesday, May 06, 2008

HAPPY MOMENTS

Have you ever had one of those happy memories that just brings a smile to your face every time you recall it? I'm having one of those, now. Sunday night, playing "Lily of the Valley" for the offering, with my Mom on the organ, and my brother on the bass guitar. Perhaps something simple, but it brought me such joy! I was actually laughing while playing the piano at church. Now mind you, I wasn't laughing AT anyone--just laughing for the pure joy of it. My brother, Billy Rhythm, is practicing sight-reading to play the bass, and he's doing such an awesome job at it. (Of course, he'll tell you otherwise, but I'm his sister, and I can be as proud as I want to be of him.) So there we are, the three of us, just jamming out. And there's this kind of thing, too, with Bill, me, and the Sunday night congregation. They sometimes like to see if they can get me laughing. Normally, Bill plays the drums on Sunday nights, and every once in a while, he'll just whang on it. (Is that how you spell "whang"?) I'll hear people in the congregation say, "There she goes!" It just makes me bubble inside. I'm smiling now just thinking about it. Anyway--thanks Bill, for bringing me joy. Ok. Now I'm crying. What's up with that???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts