Friday, January 04, 2008

SUE'S YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING MI-5

Sue says: "The questions this week come from another book I purchased at Julia's school book fair called,"You've Got To Be Kidding!" It is a book full of "crazy, mind-bending 'would you rather' questions." One rule: you must choose one of the scenarios, you cannot answer "I don't know" or "neither." You can explain your answer if you wish."

1. Would you rather: Not be able to sleep for a week OR Not be able to eat for a week?

Well, I love both, that's for sure. I think I could do better without sleep than without food. Maybe I've never really been THAT tired to know what it's like to feel truly sleep deprived, but I know that it gets to be physically uncomfortable when you're hungry. (Not that it's happened to be often, and I don't think I've ever really been seriously hungry. Just inconveniently hungry.)

2. Be the person in the circus who stand still while the knife thrower throws knives at him OR Be the person who puts his head in the lions mouth?

Since I like animals better than flying knives, I'll stick my head in the lion's mouth. I'll trust that God will take care of me like He did Daniel. I know he could protect me from knives, too, but for some reason, I'll just pick the lion.

3. Live next door to a haunted house OR Across the street from a cemetery?

I'm not sure what I think about haunted houses. But I do know that cemeteries don't really creep me out. In fact, I'd almost enjoy living across from Ocean View Cemetery, so that I could keep an eye out on the graves of so many people that I love (Dad, Father, Grammy, Nanny, Papa, etc.).

4. Be a boy named Muffin E. Sims OR A girl named Caspar P. Jasper?

Hmmm. Gotta think about this one. With a name like Muffin, everyone would assume that you had a "real" name, and that "Muffin" was the pet name youre Mom gave you. With a name like Caspar Jasper, you've really got two whammies going on: a rhyming name, and a name that sounds like it belongs to the opposite sex. I guess I'd rather be Muffin. On second thought, if you included the middle name, like "Caspar Penelope Jasper", that doesn't sound so bad. Maybe I'd go with Caspar, and have my friends call me "Cassie". Yeah, that's what I'd do.

5. Spend the rest of your life in a space ship OR The rest of your life in a submarine?

Double yuck to this one. I think there might be a little more room in a submarine, so I'll pick that. Also, a submarine can only go as far as the bottom of the ocean, which is quite a bit closer to home than thousands of miles in space. (Not that it really matters, since I'll be there for the rest of my life, but I needed to give a reason.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts