Thursday, December 20, 2007

COFFEE FILTERS

I've been having a problem with coffee filters lately. Now remember--I've only been making coffee since like May, and when I taught to make sure that the folds of the filter really line up well with the basket that holds it, so I'm careful about that. Lately, though, my filter is folding in on itself and I'm getting grounds in my coffee. Yuck. What a mess. And it makes a huge mess in my sink too. Is it because I'm at the end of the filter package? (This is my first filter package, mind you.) I've noticed that they're much "flatter" at the bottom of the package. Could this be the problem? Give me some help, folks....please...

And, while we're on the subject of coffee, I'm looking for Millstone decafeinnated Chocolate Velvet coffee. So far, I've only found it at the Super Wal-Mart in Augusta. I picked up two packages then, but now I'm almost out again. Went to Super Wal-Mart in Brewer on Tuesday and hoped to pick some up there, but they didn't have it. Can't find it at Shaw's or Hannaford's in Rockland. If somemone finds it (or another decaf chocolate flavor), please let me know!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

What kind of filter is it? Basket type, or cone type? What size?

9:05 AM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

8 to 12-cup size, basket type. 3 1/4" (8.25 cm) base. Brew Rite brand. (Cheap brand from Wal-Mart.)

9:50 AM

 
Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

Hmmm. Not much I can think of, really. Maybe you don't have much clearance between the top of the machine, and the top of the filter, so when you swing the basket in, it bends the filter. Maybe next time, try unbleached filters. They're a little stiffer.

8:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts