Wednesday, August 08, 2007

SUE'S CAMPING MI-5

Sue says:

I am leaving tomorrow to volunteer at a children's camp for a week, so this week's question are inspired by that.

1. Did you ever go to a "sleep away" and/or day camps when you were a kid?

I went to Camp Fair Haven when I was about 9, I think. If I had not been such a "homebody", as I am now, I think I would've really liked it. The first couple of days I was at camp, I cried because my parents left me. The last couple of days, I cried because I was afraid my parents would forget to pick me up. Wednesday was a good day.

2. Do you enjoy camping? If so, what type: "roughin' it" in a tent or a more cushy style in a camper or trailer?

Camping is one of those activities that I really, really, really want to LOVE, but right now, I'm still at the KINDDA LIKE stage. I definitely prefer being in the 34' camper that we have now, instead of the tent that we used to use. However, being in a cushy camper just isn't the same as camping in a tent trailer like when I was a kid. THAT was really camping. Dwane will have nothing to do with a tent trailer though.

3. What's your favorite camping and/or outdoor activity?

I really like roasting marshmallows and hot dogs on a stick (not together though, obviously). I also like taking in the "sites" in the surrounding area. The last time we went camping (a couple of weeks ago), we went to Santa's Village. That was great fun. I also enjoy checking out the local Wal-Mart!! :)

4. Did you ever work/volunteer at a camp?

No.

5. Any interesting/funny camping stories?

When I went to Camp Fair Haven, we had a "Missionary Story" every day after lunch. I remember it being in one of the cabins, and the light just consisted of a bare lightbulb. Every day, during that missionary story, I would catch myself falling asleep looking at the lightbulb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts