Friday, August 03, 2007

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW MI-5

Billy Rhythm says:

This week's MI-5 is based of the most recent "Antiques Roadshow" I saw on PBS. They were in Portland, I think.

1) For the kid who brought in the Summer, Winter, and Fall figurines Spring'>Spring was missing. Do you have something that you've held onto, even though it's missing some pieces, or may even be broken? What is it? Why do you hang onto it?

The first thing that popped into my head was my teddy bear. He's missing a couple of eyes. I hold on to him because he was a gift to me from my grandmother when I was two years old. He was the only thing I took with me when our house burned down back in 1977. He went to college and on my honeymoon with me. I even have a formal picture of me in my wedding gown holding my teddy bear,

2) For the guy who brought in original transcripts from the bombing of Pearl Harbor: Tell us a story about something that happened to you, or something special you remember, that happened on a historic date. If you can't think of anything, fall back on the "Where were you when Kennedy was shot" sort of thing.

I remember being an assistant teacher in Mr. Andrews' Advanced Office Procedures class when the Challenger Shuttle exploded in January of 1986. We were watching the take-off because the shuttle held the first teacher in space.

3) For the lady who had her great-great-who-knows-how-many-greats grandmother's clothes from the Bahamas: What's the oldest piece of clothing you own? Do you still wear it? Why do you have it?

I have my Husson College cheerleader uniform from 1986. There may be something older, but nothing that I can think of specifically. I hold onto it for old times' sake, I guess. I doubt I'll ever fit into it again (not that I would need to wear it anywhere anyway).

4) For the guy who brought in a working model motorboat: Tell us something about an interesting toy from your childhood.

I had a Barbie Townhouse, the one with the elevator. I loved it. I had tons of Barbie stuff, all of which burned up in the fire. Someday, when I am rich, and have a house that is so big that I have empty rooms, I am going to buy all of those items from E-bay and set up my very own Barbie world. Hopefully, Julia will still play with me.

5) One lady brought in what she thought was a Native American fish hook. Turned out it was a Polynesian cannibal "brain pick'! Have you ever owned something that you thought was one thing, and it turned out to be something else? If not, how about something in your house that you don't know what it is?

The first thing I thought of is all of the Audio/Visual/Computer cords I find laying around the house. I have no idea what they are. From time to time I take a box, gather them all up, and put them on Dwane's bureau. I'm sure he knows what they all are, but I don't have a foggy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts