Thursday, July 05, 2007

HAMBURGER HELPER

Several weekends ago, we went to Waterville and stopped at Marden's. (Several years ago, Marden's moved into the former Wal-Mart building. I didn't realize this, so I was quite surprised at how nice this particular Marden's was.) Anyway, while there, I picked up a Hamburger Helper Rice Oriental. I hadn't tried this flavor before, and we had it today for lunch. I'm not sure how "oriental" it tasted, but it did remind me of something very familiar: Scrambled Hamburg and Gravy Over Rice---a hot lunch staple when I was growing up. I recognized the taste almost instantly as it was one of my favorite hot lunches. Of course, since it was at Marden's, I'm sure that means that the flavor is now discontinued. Figures.

While on the topic of Hamburger Helper, I found some of the Cheesey Hashbrowns kind at Big Lots in Brunswick. That's another favorite of mine that I don't see much in the stores.

1 Comments:

Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

Ah, yes. Cheesy Hashbrowns. The reason you don't see it is because your brother loves it! Everything that I love gets discontinued. At least in our town. Dove "Give In To Mint" ice cream? Minute Rice "Cheesy Rice"? The aforementioned hash browns? Heck, you can't even buy Jimmy Dean maple sausage in a roll anymore. Sigh.

8:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts