Friday, August 24, 2007

AMY'S BACK TO SCHOOL MI-5

Amy says:

I know it is a little early but I expect to be kind of busy at the end of the week so I thought I would send these out early this week. This one is all about back-to-school...

1. As a kid did you dread the beginning of the school year or did it excite you? What kind of student were you? A scholar? A social butterfly? The shy girl in the corner?

Although, generally speaking, I loved school, I absolutely HATED the first day of school. I think I cried on the first day of school every year but 8th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade. I was (and still am) a total homebody, and I hated to "be away from Mommy" (still do). I was a very good student (I missed the honor roll one quarter in 7th grade, and maybe a couple of times in 9th grade, but other than that, I always made honor roll. I graduated 8th in my class of 112. TOOT! TOOT!) I think I was a combination of a scholar and a social butterfly. I had a lot of friends, but my closest friends were the "scholars".

2. What was your favorite part of elementary school? What about Jr High/Middle School? And High School?

In elementary scool, my favorite parts were in 4th grade---hatching baby chickens and reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. I don't think I liked anything about Junior High. Maybe home ec. That was ok. In high school, cheerleading was tops.

3. Do you still have any friends from school? How long have you known them?

Ronda is probably my closest friend from school. I've known her since 7th grade, but we actually became closest when we roomed together in college. My closest friends in elementary school were Judy, Kellie, and Becky, and while I would still consider them "friends", we don't keep in touch like Ronda and I try to do.

4. What was your must have school supply?

Like Beloved, I was all about the Trapper Keeper. Back then, they were expensive, so if I insisted on having the "brand name" Trapper Keeper, I would have to somtimes come up with my own money. I think they cost about $7 back then, which is more than what they cost now.

5. Did you have a favorite teacher? Tell us about them.

I think I loved all of my teachers. I have a special place in my heart for Mrs. Bouchard (4th grade), Mr. Borgerson (5th & 6th grade), Mr. Martel (8th grade algebra), Mr. Ebert (typing) and Mr. Andrews (Accounting & AOP). In 8th grade algebra, I flunked every single test I took. Somehow, I still managed to always get a B. I think Mr. Martel knew I was a Christian, and he liked me. I got a "warning notice" every quarter, but always squeaked out a B on my report card. Mr. Ebert "coached" me to the Maine State Typing Championship in 9th grade, and Mr. Andrews "coached" me to win "Ms. FBLA" my senior year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

Are you insinuating Bill Martel fixed a grade for you?

4:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts