Thursday, August 23, 2007

MELANIE'S INTERNET MI-5

1. If you can remember, what year it was that you 1st welcomed the world wide web into your home? If you can't remember, how about a close guess :-)

I think it was around 1997 or 1998. Eben was a baby at the time, and shortly after we got online, I began working from home.

2. How many hours a day in the average week do you spend in front of a computer at home, at work, how much of that requires an online connection?

I spend way too much time in front of the computer, but there isn't really a whole lot that REQUIRES me to be online. I spend maybe 20 minutes every morning doing what I WANT to do--checking blogs, e-mail, reading the CTMH Bulletin Board, etc. Then my work day begins. Most of my work is just using MS Word, but all of my work must be e-mailed to the office, so that requires a connection.

3. Do you read anyone else's blog regularly? List your favorites.

Regularly, I read the blogs of my brother Billy Rhythm, my Beloved sister-in-law Sue, my Aunt Ginny, my Aunt Jo, my cousin Sizzle, my cousin-in-law Big Guns, my "adopted kinda sister Lynn" (my mom used to babysit her when she was little, so she was kind of like a sister for a while), my cousin David (who hasn't posted since January but I still check daily), and Beth Moore's blog for Living Proof Ministries. I also check in with the fellow MI-5 bloggers at least once a month (Jim, Amy, etc.).

4. If you've discovered the wonderful world of Podcasting list some of your favorites. Whether you have or haven't share your thoughts on the concept.

Like Beloved, I had to ask Billy Rhythm about podcasting. I have never done it, and I'm not sure that I ever would. Neat thing though, I guess.

5. Click on your history window share with us 5 websites you've recently visited and what brought you there.

www.nascar.com (to see when qualifying would be broadcasted)
www.closetomyheart.com (I am a consultant, and check the business bulletin board daily)
www.quickandsimple.com (a weekly magazine that I love--I enter their daily contest every morning)
www.soapoperafan.com (to see what is going on with Days of Our Lives---I've watched since I was probably in Junior High, but I have not been too faithful since Februaryish.
www.villagesoup.com (I check the daily $5 lunch menu for Bricks every day---I keep an eye out for the Scallop & Bacon Pizza and the Fettuccine Alfredo (the best I've ever had).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts