Friday, March 17, 2006

St. Patrick's Day MI-5

1. What are you wearing right now? Do you have on any green?

Cream nightgown, pink bathrobe. I do plan on wearing a green shirt today, though, once I finally get dressed.

2. What is your favorite shade of green? Kelly? Mint? Teal? Pine? Some other shade?

I am definitely into the teals. My least favorite is probably the bright kelly green.

3. Do you enjoy eating the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage? What other "Irish food" do you enjoy?

I love boiled dinner. It's one of my very favorite meals. While I much prefer ham in my boiled dinner, instead of corned beef, I'll take whatever I can get. I'm looking forward to eating corned beef at Bill & Sue's tonight. I'm not really familiar with too many other Irish foods. I tried to make an Irish Soda Bread a couple of years ago (in the microwave), and that was absolutely disgusting. For dessert tonight, I'm making a gingerbread with lemon sauce to take to Bill & Sue's. I got this recipe from some Irish cookbook thing at the checkout stand at Wal-Mart.

4. Have you ever found a 4-leaf clover? Did you find one?

I used to look for them all the time when I was a kid. I remember looking on Ma's lawn and on our lawn under the maple tree with my Dad. We would be on all fours coming the lawn. Dad used to brush his hand across the grass, like it was some sort of magic movement. He always did seem to find out, but I never did. I guess I never got the hand movement right. Ok. Now I'm crying.

5. Do you believe in luck? Why, or why not?

I don't belive in luck (for the most part). I believe that God brings different things in and out of our lives for a reason. Was it bad luck that Dad got cancer? No. Was it good luck that my brother called me this morning at the exact moment I was having an e-mail problem? No.
Was it good luck that I got a new job? No. Will it be good luck if I win Publisher's Clearinghouse? No. Is it good luck (or bad luck) if the church supper only has desserts? Yes. That's why it's called a pot-luck supper. A pot luck supper is the only thing that I believe really has a little bit of luck involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts