Friday, July 03, 2009

VIRGINIA

Well, we are finally here in Virginia. What a trip that was! We didn't run into any trouble, and there wasn't any traffic, but it just seemed that we couldn't really make any progress. There were 7 of us traveling together in 3 different vehicles. We were all on different "bathroom schedules", and we had to stop to change drivers, get something to eat, rest, etc., etc. We left our house at 4:30 on Wednesday afternoon, and we arrived in Lynchburg at 3:45 Thursday afternoon. That's almost 24 hours. It normally takes us about 16.

On the way down, we had to stop in Warren, MA to drop Colby ofnf at his Dad's house. What was really amazing is that we had to drive right down Sarah's street! How cool was that? Dwane asked me if I felt comfortable calling her, and I said that while I certainly felt comfortable calling her, I didn't really think 11:30 at night was necessarily an appropriate time to call her. Sarah, we'll be heading back that way sometime between Sunday night, Monday, so don't be suprised if I call you asking to crash!!! :) (It's really not too likely, as we're traveling with Dwane's Mom & his grandmother.)

We had Japanese food for supper last night, and then Dawn treated me to a manicure. We walked in, and the people there were so excited to see her. "Hey, Dawn! How ya doing!" It was like she was the queen or something! Pretty cool. I had what I think is called a "French color" manicure--there is hot pink color only on the tips. I had been awake for about 40 hours at that point, and it took some concentration to be able to stay awake during all of that pampering.

Dawn and I then went to a store called "Ross: Dress for Less", which is similar to a TJ Maxx. She helped me find a really cool black sundress, and then we went to Wal-Mart to find a tank top to go under it (want to be modest, you know). When we got back to Dawn's house, we sat in the car and talked for an hour. We laughed and cried and prayed together. Thank you, God, for seeing fit to bless me with Dawn as a sister-in-law. The evening was an absolute treasure. God gave me Dawn & Sue as sisters-in-law, and I couldn't have gotten better ones if I had shopped for them myself.

Today we are going to the Shenandoah Valley Resort and Kings Dominion (a huge amusement park). Tomorrow, I think the guys are going fishing, and I think that Dawn and I are planning to hit the gym. I'd like to go to Short Pump (an outdoor mall) too, but I'm not sure that it will be anywhere near where we are.

Well, I've got to get moving. I haven't even proofread this, so I'm not sure that any of this even makes sense!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts