Monday, March 23, 2009

SHE WOULD'T BE GONE

I've had an earworm lately. For those of you who don't know, an earworm is a term my brother uses to describe a song that you just can't get out of your head. It happens to me quite often. This time, however, I don't really know all of the words. That makes it difficult. You can't really sing the song in your head, because you don't know the lyrics. I decided to look them up, cuz I just know all of you want to be singing this song, too. I wish it didn't have swear words in it. It drives me nuts when an otherwise really cool song has a cuss in it. Maybe I'm too goody-goody, but I just don't like it. Anyway--this song is one of those songs that would be really fun to sing, if only I can learn the words. (To be brief, I've only put the first verse & the chorus.)

SHE WOULDN'T BE GONE, Blake Shelton

Red roadside wild flower,
if I'd only picked you,
took you home and set you on the counter,
oh at least a time or two,
maybe she'd have thought it through.
Yellow sunset dippin in the rearview,
oh how she loved to sit and watch you,
I could have done that a whole lot more.

[Bridge]
If I hadnt been so stubborn,
been so selfish,
thought about her more,
thought about me less.
Joked to make her happy,
held her when she cried,
a little more of that, maybe i..

[Chorus]
Wouldnt be drivin like hell,
flyin like crazy down the highway,
callin everyone we know,
stoppin any place she might be,
goin anywhere she might go.
Beatin on the dash,
screamin out her name at the windshield,
tears soakin up my face.
if I'd have loved her this much all along,
maybe, maybe, yeah maybe,
she wouldn't be gone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate earworms they drive me nuts. I usually end up with commercial jingles stuck in my head!

12:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts