Friday, March 06, 2009

AUNT GINNY'S "TAXING" MI-5

1. I got my tax refund last week. Have you filed yet? Will you get a refund? What are your plans for the money? Save? Spend? Something you've been wanting and can now get with the "extra money?

Our taxes are filed, refunds received, and almost all spent. We paid down a big chunk of what we owe on the newest 4-wheeler, and the rest is pretty much just "piddled away". Dwane did buy a new track or some such thing for the snowmobile, and I might like to buy The Wave from the Firm.

2. Do you do your own taxes or have someone else do them? I used TurboTax.com and found it very easy to use.

We use the TaxCut, and have for several years. I love the ease of use.

3. Have you ever been audited? What was it like?

Never been audited. Never hope to be.

4. Did anyone else hear that Seniors will be getting checks for $250? I heard it once and then nothing more about it. Seems only fair since they don't benefit from a reduction in payroll taxes. Your thoughts?

I haven't heard that about Seniors, but it does seem to be fair, although I don't necessarily agree with the payroll deduction thing to begin with. Instead of spending trillion of dollars we don't have to go who knows where, I would rather the government divide that trillion dollars evenly among taxpayers, and use that amount to pay down the taxpayers' mortgage or other debt. That way, the banks get some money, GMAC and Ford Motor get money from cars getting paid off, and taxpayers now have less debt to pay, so they can spend money at McDonalds and Walmart instead. Probably my plan is way to simple, and may not work, but in my blondeness, it sounds good to me.

5. Do you wait until April 15 to file if you have to send a check? Or do you just want to get it over with?

We file as soon as we can, because we always have a refund coming. If I had to pay in, I would not wait until the very last minute, but I would probably wait until April 1 to pay it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts